Lurker
Seeing as the movie just finished airing in its one night only premiere, and rather than creating a new thread, I'd figured that I just revive this thread.

I just got back from seeing the movie about an hour ago and spent my time writing everything that I could remember about it. A summary about it will be coming later from me.

All I can say about the movie was that I thought it was good, wished that it wasn't in 3D (I wear glasses, I don't like wearing glasses over glasses.) I felt like the movie had a good pace, not to fast not to slow. The movie ran for about an hour and a half. The only thing I really hate about it was Jin's voice actor (I was like shut up and don't talk again! To me, it didn't seem like Jin) and the fact that every time they say "Jin" it sounded like "Gin" to me.

The World Warrior
Some friends and I had the privilege of seeing a private screening after the original screening at about 11 p.m last night in Tupelo. Even the original screening wasn't very busy. Apparently Tekken's not too popular in Tupelo, or people just didn't want to pony up the $10 for a movie that's coming straight to DVD in a matter of weeks.

All in all, the movie is quite good. I agree mostly with the post above, because I wasn't a huge fan of the voice acting myself, specifically Jin and sometimes Xiaoyu. The CG animation was great for the most part, but at times it felt like I was watching an incredibly long Tekken intro. My big peeve (which is a stupid one) is that Lee Chaolan played such a small role. I'll refrain from spoiling any further.

I do recommend it to any Tekken fan, but in retrospect it wasn't worth the hour drive. Regardless, this film completely overshadows that god-awul live-action adaption.

B.

Lurker
Lee part was just like "what?" And I'm surprised that Anna didn't know who Lee was.

The only reason I went to see it was cause I won free tickets. The theater I went to had a good amount of Tekken fans. It wasn't full, about 70% full I would have to say. The price was $15 a ticket.

And yeah, this film was way much better than the god awful live action movie (only thing good about that was the ethnicity of the cast and martial arts scenes). I believe this movie will come out in December with the Tekken Hybrid package, which includes this movie and an HD edition of Tekken Tag)

Another thing, if your used to the voice acting in the games, especially Jin's, watch it in Japanese. The only voices that I like in the Eng dub was Anna, Nina, and Heihachi. Ok voices were Xiaoyu and Alisa. Kazuya's voice ranked over Jin.

Last edited:
Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I thought the movie was okay. The animation was fantastic. If you enjoy the cut scenes in Tekken 6 then the movie definitely would not fail to please. The only complaint I have is the lack of other characters. Other than Alisa, Xiaoyu, Anna, Nina, Jin, Kazuma, Kazuya, Heihachi, and Panda there wasn't hardly anybody. Like Ikusa mentioned, Lee was in the film but didn't even throw a punch. Ganryu made a brief appearance as well but is hardly worth mentioning. The voice actors weren't the best. I really wish it would have been in Japanese, but oh well. I don't know how anybody else feels about it, but I thought the whole plot was like "lolwut." :laugh:

I do have to say it was awesome seeing Tekken on the big screen though. It did have some nice action and Alisa is never hard to look at. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
You took the words out of my mouth.

lol :buttrock: So this just came out already right? Why didn't they have commercials? I hate when some movies do that because I don't understand why.is it budget related or something?

The World Warrior
lol :buttrock: So this just came out already right? Why didn't they have commercials? I hate when some movies do that because I don't understand why.is it budget related or something?

This isn't your typical hollywood flick, with a shitload of marketing. This "preview" was basically their way of marketing the upcoming DVD release. Plus, it was only screened in select cities for one night.

Some kind of Beast mode
This isn't your typical hollywood flick, with a shitload of marketing. This "preview" was basically their way of marketing the upcoming DVD release. Plus, it was only screened in select cities for one night.

oOoh..thanks for clearing that up. So when's it hit DVD?

The World Warrior
oOoh..thanks for clearing that up. So when's it hit DVD?

They're aiming for November with Blu-Ray, I'm not so sure about DVD. Most likely around the same time or together. This probably applies to the release of the Tekken hybrid Blu-Ray for PS3 as well.

Last edited: