Some kind of Beast mode
They're aiming for November with Blu-Ray, I'm not so sure about DVD. Most likely around the same time or together. This probably applies to the release of the Tekken hybrid Blu-Ray for PS3 as well.

Damn, that'll be awhile. Alright then. :thumbs:

Wasn't worth the $12 really, if you're a Tekken fan you'll probably enjoy this though.

Scratch that if you get your jollies off watching the cutscenes in 5 and 6, specifically the ones like Lili's ending, Mokujin's ending, Lee's ending, and all the goofy ones like that you'll enjoy it. There are some redeeming moments like the Mishima fight but if you're expecting to see some favorites that aren't main characters or fan service characters brawl it out you're going to be disappointed.

Its probably on the same level as the mediocre live action. In my opinion save your quarters for Tekken Tag 2.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
It's been out... Nice images...

[hide]
32602826.jpg
47323625.jpg
21603896.jpg
96479838.jpg

17677582.jpg
24830374.jpg

[/hide]

Mod Edit: Images hidden, as per user request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Optimus Prime? :laugh:

[hide]
picture5co.png
[/hide]

Mod Edit: Image hidden, nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
boogie woogie feng shui
I'm a fan of the games and all the materials I've seen so far look intriguing. I'll watch when I can score it for free, don't tell the government.

If anything, I would consider the lack of other characters a PLUS. Tekken suffers from having way too many poorly written subplots as is. The core of the Tekken has always been about one thing: can a son pay for the sins of the father? If you want to crystalize the entire tekken storyline down to it's most essential parts, it is that question right there.

This is why if *I* had to pick a moment to make a tekken movie, I would have picked somewhere between the end of Tekken 2 and the end of Tekken 3. That was the moment where the mishima storyline was still lean and loose enough that you can actually write a great character study based around the mishimas.

this? I haven't seen it yet. I probably will end up buying the DVD just because I'm an idiot like that, but I have incredibly low expectations in terms of what it can deliver. I'm sure I'll be all excited to see the two devils finally square off against each other, but I'm almost certain I'll be asleep pretty much all the way up to that point. That is, unless they used different writers from their normal T5 and T6 line up.

I mean, seriously, here they have this opportunity to build a huge sprawling saga out of the different casts and build some genuinely interesting relationships between the characters, and what do they go with? "LETS HAVE ANOTHER IRON FIST TOURNAMENT!"

seriously?

This is more Xiaoyu's and Alisa's movie... :laugh:

Unfortunately, in my opinion, they don't show enough of battle scars on the characters....

Banned
The movie was excellent. The dub was also not bad. Can a mod or some one please use the hide tags on those images up there. They are just bogging down everything.

this movie was kind of what I expected it to be... which is not really much.

I liked the action sequences. The choreography was quite nice, and voice acting was decent (given what they had to work with), and the visuals were gorgeous. their scripting was clearly of the Japanese shonen comic sensibility though, which caused a bit of cultural dissonance for me since I watched with the English dub.

Pacing wise, I felt that they really could have done more to flesh out the mishimas, and this is my one major complaint about the English voice acting. The movie really did not spend a lot of time characterizing further the Mishimas, the main kahunas of this piece. (Xiao Yu was more or a less a viewpoint character while Alisa was your standard sidekick)

To be fair, this is not really a problem with JUST the movie. I would dare say this is how I feel about the characters in game lore as well. Alright, Jin I get, he's just kind of boring and a little too marty stu for my taste. Heihachi and Kazuya, however, irritate me to no end. Both of them are basically these gravely men with a lot of ambition, a badass killer streak, and... not much else. Oh yeah, they hate each other. But honestly, the two characters, beyond their circumstances, have substantively became the SAME person. I don't mean you can't tell them apart, I mean they basically fill the same narrative niche, with little to no discerning purpose between them. you remove either of them from the narrative, and I can still guarantee the story will suffer very little.

And that bothers me.

I would have liked to see them really dig into the big three's emotional world. In a world full of memetic badasses, your badasses need to have something else that makes me care about them.

The movie failed to make me do that. (though it did a good job with Xiao Yu's relationship with Alisa) But that's not really the fault of the movie, I suppose.