Music Taylor Swift?

Nowadays, many modern artists attempt creating a unique style that causes them to stand out. We have seen Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus pushing limits by startling antics, unusual clothing (or lack of clothing), and the like. Other performers are adopting similar methods in order to make their name known. The public may ridicule them, but regardless, they embrace this behavior even more. I have noticed that Taylor Swift seems to have adopted a different peculiarity. Since her first couple albums the media has highlighted her obsession with new and failed romance. Instead of lessening the "crazy girlfriend" impression it looks like she has fed into it. I watched her perform Blank Spaces on television as well as the music video for it. It appears extremely exaggerated. What are your thoughts?

It's strange to me, originally I really loved Taylor Swift's music and I didn't like her as a person. Now it's the opposite. I love seeing her in events and watching her on talk shows in interviews, but her new album is not great in my opinion. I really don't like it very much at all. But I still love her first couple of albums.

I still like some of her songs, but I too prefer the first couple of albums. I have not listened much to the most recent album. The majority of what I've heard from it is from what has been on television and the radio. She seems extremely nice, although I haven't kept up with interviews and the like religiously. I just thought it was interesting how she has embraced this "overly attached girlfriend" image. If you have seen the video for Blank Spaces then you will know what I mean :D

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of her music at all. She can certainly sing and is a talented songwriter, but she's just not my bag. I have seen her being interviewed on British TV though and she seems like she has a great sense of humor.

Taylor is the best. I love her music. Fifteen has been my favourite song for years:) Looking forward to hear her new songs.

Her new songs are definitely different compared to the old. She is no longer country at all; she admitted somewhat recently her music is pop. Blank spaces is super catchy, but I despise Shake it Off. My favorite album is Sparks Fly.

I was never a fan of Taylor Swift before although my sister loves her. She even bought a ticket to Singapore just to see her! But anyway, maybe she has grown on me too since I actually LOVE her new album. The old albums like Red were all 'meh' to me but 1989 is a lot more catchier. Her style, maybe not in lyrics but musically has changed and I believe it's for the better. I fell in love with Blank Space the moment I bought her album. I like all the songs on there except for Shake It Off although it seems to be quite a popular song.

There are too many acts out there. The antics and the reinvention of their image encourage people to remember and to talk about them. Miley Cyrus transformation to me, though, is something more personal - the shedding of the wholesome Disney girl to be something her own. Frankly, the music that Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus make are forgettable. But even if the music these ladies make are meh, they are individuals like you and me who gravitate into doing something different (ie exploring other music genres).

I'm not very 'with it' in terms of music of the 2010s, but Taylor Swift is popular enough to even pervade my bubble. I have to say that I was so ready to find her annoying, but I think her music is great, and she seems like she's 'with it'. She's totally playing the media at their own game and winning. So, no complaints here :)