Mai

We will never see him and his world on this game ever again because Disney already lost the licence for Tarzan. Unlike Snowhite and the earlier Disney Princesses who are Public domain. Tarzan is not Public Domain. Disney just licensed him for 2 decades and the contract had expired. They have no plans of renewing the character because there won't be any Tarzan Disney movies. Tarzan is owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. who are the descendants of the writer.

I think Disney lets go of Tarzan since they just purchased bigger franchises like Starwars, Marvel and Fox.

What a shame. I wanted to see Tarzan's World again. Although his world was a bit tricky to navigate in Kingdom Hearts 1 because of the level design. I want Kingdom Hearts 3 to have as many worlds as possible so the gameplay will be longer.

It'd be a good idea to have it in KH3 or next update. I think license is serious issue. So surely it'd be something to consider before adding them. Who knows disney may add it back in future.

Administrator
Staff member
It'd be a good idea to have it in KH3 or next update. I think license is serious issue. So surely it'd be something to consider before adding them. Who knows disney may add it back in future.
Disney is not interested on Tarzan anymore. They have no plans to make new movies with that IP. They want to focus on characters they 100% own.