Professional Chef and Entertainer
Yes it is. I mean you adult fans of PR might like to hide the fact the age groups PR is targeted at, but that doesn't change anything.

i'm not saying power rangers is only for adults, it's for kids of course. but not the younger, younger kids. only around 8 to 10 years old.

anyways back on topic, we shouldn't rely on wikis all the time.

i'm not saying power rangers is only for adults, it's for kids of course. but not the younger, younger kids. only around 8 to 10 years old.

Considering my brother and I got into Power Rangers when we were about 5 and 2 respectively, yeah...it is aimed at younger kids.

Nice post!!
Didn't you guys have this discussion on HJU Radio several times already.:laugh:

Maybe an episode I wasn't on? I seriously don't remember anything like it. (My memory isn't always the best, though...)

only around 8 to 10 years old.

I'm afraid not. If memory serves, Sentai is meant for 3-5 and Rider for 4-6. You can watch for a little while after that, but by 8-10 years old, most kids have moved on to other stuff. Kids still watching Sentai who don't have younger siblings as an excuse are probably getting teased about it. You're supposed to have moved on.

Actually, Akibaranger has a line about this. In the Powerful Rangers episode, Akagi is going on about how he bought all these magazines to support Zyuranger, even though he knew he had gotten "too old" to be doing that. We know Akagi is 30 years old in Akibaranger 2, so he was probably born in 1983... which means he was around nine years old when Zyuranger aired.

In the US, Power Rangers does skew a little older, but not by much. I think Elie Dekel has stated that Samurai's target age was 6-8. Boys and girls both abandon interest in toys at a younger age these days, instead wanting to get into more "adult" pursuits. Of course, older people who just like superheroes will keep watching these sorts of shows anyway.

But we're not the main audience, and never will be. And trust me, that's a good thing. A property that targets kids stays accessible and can bring in new fans. I've seen what happens when companies let older fans take the place of kids as a property's intended audience. It's an ugly and depressing process, which always ends with the brand losing its vitality.

Aronbafon
I'd say Akibaranger also helps to show how it should be if you want to give something to your older fans.

A small spin off that we can enjoy, which appeals to our love in the franchise.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
FlameDragon vs. Tokusatsu Wikis: 9 MONTHS AFTER

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Himitsu_Sentai_Gorenger

so months have transpassed with my situation with the rangerwiki and it's, well...dumbass and brain dead running on their wikis, and i just somehow discovered a person discussing my arguments over the behavior i was giving when asking for proof over the spelling of a sentai team. the user in question is Kamenger and he made some legit points over the admins quick to judge system of rules.

the reason i'm bringing this up is to basically say just how much the people who run the website are a bunch of dickbags. identified by this quote here, "You seem to forget that we administrators have OUR policies to use on OUR wiki." even to the point where the admins thought i made the Kamenger account and banned the guy, even though i just discovered this happened an hour ago.

now i'm a respectable guy who only wants sensible matters in fandoms, i am not however a troll/hypocrite who wants attention and his word to be heard. i state that because i stated when i first started this thread that i was done with helping the branch of wikis these people have started up due to their dumbass and disrespectful nature, i have never thought to rejoin the website just to give them **** over lack of legit evidence over a spelling of the name of a japanese tv show that is 38 years old. all Kamenger did was come to the site and call the wiki out on their bullshit for directing me to google instead of giving me proof of spelling for the romanization of gorenger.

this ain't some butthurt response to whoever runs the wiki(in fact if it was me as Kamenger i would've posted about this months ago, but i'm not as clever to do that and i wouldn't have anyways cause i'm a man of my word and not some whiny *****.) i'm just writing this as my final nail in the coffin for the people who run the tokusatsu wikis. i doubt representatives from the wiki branch will read this and insult me on the spot, and i'm aware people from this forum are much more sensible to discuss with than a forum full of trolls(or rangerboard for that matter,) and to think this is all because of lack of spelling tracing it could lead to such judgement. anyways i'm done for today, respond away.

P.S. what is even sadder is i found a pic of the Gorenger spelling even more legit than the one i showed before.
QcdxbJt.jpg

this is something you will never see on that website and more spellings to add to that(ala Shuricaneger/Shurikenger). all it takes is effort into research and not going with the first result on google.

Last edited:
Ole! Ole! Ole!
The simple suggestion to make especially interesting information more readily available to readers was met with childish defensiveness.

It's funny how subjective that word is.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Say if we're gonna complain about toku wikis can I join? Well mine's not a complaint as much as it is odd.

http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Gomess

Compare to

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Heat_Mask

http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Chameleon

http://metalheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Tamtam

The Ultraman wiki gives heights, weights, noted differences between incarnations, power listings, and descriptions of said powers while other toku wikis.... Don't. Why can't other toku wikis care about their monsters too?:sayin: