Talk to Bluefin and Tamashii

The Scream Man

Podcaster and Toy Commentator
it has become apparent that Bluefin, and Tamashii as ell, listen to the fans when they're deciding who and what to release, especially for the US Market. So here is the thread that you can talk about what you have liked and not liked and why, and what you would like to see come from these companies in future.

Now Vangelus interviewed Adam Newman and Xavier Lim at NYCC, so I suggest you all watch his video first, as it does answer a few questions fans have had.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3aWYnzAK3U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3aWYnzAK3U[/ame]

Now this thread is NOT for discussion, we have other threads that handle that. Think off this as open letters to Tamashii, and not to each other.

OK, let's make our voices heard folks!

The Scream Man

Dear Tamashii/Bluefin,
Thanks for releasing the ranger/sentai teams in 2 packs coming up. Its a much faster and easier way to get the rest of a team, short of mass release.

I really hope we see the remaining Boukengers soon, as i need my team complete!

And i would just like to say I would absolutely buy human forms of Sentai and Kamen Rider characters. I need a Shotaro and Philip! I need the Shinkengers and Gokaigers in their civilian dress! Please consider these ideas.

Cheers

Craig

Bad Wolf

Skreeong!
Dear Tamashii/Bluefin,

Thank you for releasing (or unleashing I should say) S.H Monsterarts here in the U.S for Goji fans, the line has been amazing so far and await what else is in store for the future.

I would also like to thank you for the Ultra-Act line and hope you consider doing a 2.0 of Ultramen Tiga and Mebius.

As well considering doing S.H Figuarts versions of Doctor Who and related friends and enemies, whom I call frenemies, I would love to have an ultra posable version of the Tenth incarnation of the Doctor.

Thanks for all the wonderful stuff you guys do!!!

Miguel V.

Ps. Super robot chogokin Dragonzord.

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
I should mention that in an interview they did with Tokunation, Bluefin says that an S.H.Figuarts Lord Zedd is in development but he might not actually come out.

So if you want see an S.H.Figuarts Lord Zedd, I ask of you please do what you can to show there's a demand for him!

arnoldmcguire335

Continuing the Creddie legacy
I'll give this a shot.

Dear Tamashii/Bluefin,

Thanks for bringing epic stuff to the US (Including Gundam kits) that Bandai America can't do. (No offense there.)

Many people love choices and you guys deliver, so I do wish that for those that like the Sentai version, to sell them in the original boxes and instructions as an option. (But of course, these versions should be blocked outside North America to prevent reverse importing.) This way, both Sentai and PR fans win!

Also I do wish to see the following:
SH Figuarts of:
Phineas and Ferb characters
Gravity Falls characters
Disney's One Saturday Morning cartoon characters (Recess and Pepper Ann at the least)
Nebula Mask Machine Man (Would love it)
Chojuu Sentai Liveman
JAKQ Dengekitai
Super Robot Chogokin of:
Time Robo Alpha (Timeranger)
Gaoking (Gaoranger)
Raijin Oh, Bakuryuu Oh and God Raijin Oh (Raijin Oh), To match with Gaogaigar
The 3 Robot Romance Trilogy mechas (Combattler V, Voltes V and Daimos)

Sorry for the long list but more power to you people. Keep up the epic work!

Christian D.

Dear Tamashii/Bluefin,

Thank you for everything. I really love Ultraseven Renewal figure. I too, have longed for a Tiga Renewal. I hope to see more Hensei Era Ultraman and Kaiju/Seijin in the future.

Cheers!

Oku

GPAnthony

To Tamashii Nations/Bluefin,

Thank you for making being a Tamashii Nations fan so much easier than it used to be! Right now my favorite lines are Monsterarts, Figuarts and Super Robot Chogokin/ Robot Damashii. Looking forward to the future of Monsterarts especially and am hopeful I'll see all my favorite monsters at some point, and hope that the Evangelion angels are still in the cards! Looking forward to Tamashii Nations 2013!

skywing-TM

Dear Tamashii Nations/Bluefin

First of all, thank you for all the wonderful products provided for us. They are truly jewels among collections.
I am writing this post/letter to you, under a concern about one SH Figuarts in particular, namely, Kamen Rider Agito Shining form.
Few weeks ago, SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Blade King form was announced as an Exclusive release. This a break from an 'unofficial' tradition that Ultimate forms of main Riders are Regular releases. Personally it was a quite shocking revelations, since SH Figuarts Blade King form was one of my most anticipated figure. I could never buy an exclusive-released figures because my budget is pretty tight, and exclusives tend to have a more expensive price overseas.
With the release of Blade King form as an exclusive, it has come to my concern that the remaining heisei era main Rider Ultimate form (namely, Agito Shining form and Hibiki Armed form) could be released as exclusives as well. Kamen Rider Agito was one of my favorite (if not, the absolute favorite) Kamen Rider show, and I have been looking for a decent and affordable representation of the Ultimate form for almost a quarter of my life (I'm 22 as of now).
Therefore, I write to you this post/letter as a humble request that, SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Agito Shining form would be released as a Regular release, should the time come for the figure to be released. It would please the child within me, to have a wonderful representation of a character I heavily adore, among my collection. And of course, it would please many fans worldwide, as I believe, Kamen Rider Agito is one of the most loved Kamen Rider shows.
Lastly, I apologize for the selfishness of this post, since it is based on my desire for one character release. I believe a lot of fans are hoping for the same thing as well.
However, if the figure would still be released as an exclusive, I will hold no ill-will towards Tamashii/Bluefin or anyone involved, because I believe there is a good reason for a figure to be released a regulars or exclusives.

Best regards,

Patrick T.

Zeltrax541

Dear BlueFin/Tamashii Nations:

Again, thanks for all of the work you've been doing in the numerous lines like Figuarts, Monster-Arts, D-Arts, Ultra-Act, SRC Chogokin and all others.

I do love the idea of Sentai Figuart 2-Packs as it helps some of us complete the teams that we want in the line like the Hurricangers/Ninja Storm Rangers.

Though I gotta ask: How in the heck are you gonna do the figuart for Shurikenger/Ninja-Storm Samurai Green?

I could somehow think he can do a 2-pack where one figure would be the ranger with his shield on and the second with his powered-up form without the shield. I can see that working as a 2-Pack in the future.

I would SO totally buy a Figuart of Lord Zedd if you guys released him. Heck, I'll make a video with the Sentai figuarts I got to drum up support for this guy.

Again, Blue-Fin/Tamashii-Nations, keep up ALL of the damn good work.

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
Dear Blufin/Tamashi

First off thank you for bringing over S.H.Figuarts to the North American market, you've made it a lot more easier to get these fantastic figures not just the web exclusives.

Speaking of web exclusives…would you be willing to consider bringing some of the Kamen Rider exclusives too? There is a demand for that kind of stuff, and I know a few of us would be grateful not to have to go through hoops for these.

Thank you and keep up the great work guys.

Dear Bluefin and Tamashii nation:

As many have said prior to myself thank you for all the work you have done with putting together these wonderful figures. I love the DBZ and Super Sentai/Power Ranger figures. Can I make a suggestion with making team stands, not having them be personalized but having 5-6 places to have a full team stand next to each other, that takes less space up than the regular Stage Act Humanoid. And a question will we be receive 6th heros/rangers I am waiting to get Deka Master/Shadow Ranger as well as Deka Break/Omega Ranger.

The Scream Man

I'd like to echo Original Ranger Fan above me here; The missing 6th rangers are on my high priority list as well. The Dekarangers, Boukengers, Go-Busters all feel incomplete.
And if I might add another request: the Spirit Rangers are an important part of Kyouryuuger, and I would love to have them as figures. The male Violet would be a neat add on, but for me it's less important than Grey, Cyan and the female Violet.

Hi Bluefin and Tamashii !! Just wanted to say how awesome you guys are !! Everytime i'm at a con, i always try to find your station and buy stuff from you guys (Mostly Figuarts.). I have a few requests if possible (In no particular order):

1. Definitely a huge supporter of the Lord Zedd and Black Ranger with shield Figuarts (Maybe even a Figuarts Zero so we can have the chair for Zedd as well). Please make it possible.

2. Starting to collect Gridman Ultra-acts. Would it be possible to make a Khan (Kilokhan) Ultra-act figure ?

3. When releasing the Yellow MMPR Ranger, please give us an option in the US for the male body as well. It's not just because of Zyuranger, but how we were used to it being Trini's style in a way. Please don't let it be a Japan exclusive.

4. When finished with MMPR, can you guys possibly do Zeo/Ohranger ?

5. Finally, keep the Kamen Rider figuarts coming. Hopefully one day we'll get Roborider and Biorider (Maybe even Ferbus as well. XD Lol jk about Ferbus).

Edit: 6. One more thing. If possible, can guys offer more areas of distribution. Not only smaller cons, like Anime Next for example, but for non cons as well. Like set up a shop, web site, or even bring more items to like Toys R Us or something ?

Thanks for your time and keep up the awesome work !! :D

Last edited:

gmartin2

Im reading a lot of good ideas. But what I really would like to see is figuarts for the titanium ranger. He is the first american made ranger, he deserves one. I would also like to see figuarts for the SPD A-Squad rangers too.
And one final idea I like is to have a male body for the mighty morphin pink ranger. I want that to represent Captain Marvellous pink gokai change. I would definitely like to buy that!

Amon

I've been a fan of your guys work for at least a year now. I think you guys make the best action figures to date. Keep up the good work and I'm glad that I buy Kamen Rider stuff in the US now outside of the Internet. I do have a few questions to ask.

1. You guys mention that you are branching out into various other western properties for S.H MonsterArts. Any possible chance that we will see S.H MonsterArts figures on other western properties like Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, The Wolf Man, The Creature of the Black Lagoon, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees and Pinhead?

2. Since you guys have done S.H Figuarts for Marvel and DC superheroes then could you guys do other American Superheroes like Spawn and Hellboy? You will be surprise how much fans have been asking Spawn figures on the web.

3. Will there be more Pokemon and Digimon D-Arts figures? Will you also try to give them a retail release here in the US as well?

4. Any plans to do S.H MonsterArts for Anime monsters like Colossal Titan from Attack on Titan, Hirudegarn from DBZ and the various monsters from Yu-Gi-Oh?

5. Will you guys plan branching out into various other western properties for the D-Arts figure line? Like D-Art figures for western video game franchises like Spyro the Dragon, Warcraft, God of War, Bio Shock, Ratchet & Clank, Half Life, Team Fortress 2 and Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:

CaptainB_Money

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
Dear Blufin Tamashiii.

I'd love to see S.H. Figuarts
Change Dragon, Shurikenger, Gekiviolet, Titanium Ranger, Star Wars Clone Troopers Phase 1 and 2.

Also if possible can there be an Ultra Act Ultraman Tiga Glitter Form?

Oh and Robot Damashii DT-6800A Daughtress, RMS-006 Jenice, RGC-80 GM Cannon.

GPAnthony

I've been a fan of your guys work for at least a year now. I think you guys make the best action figures to date. Keep up the good work and I'm glad that I buy Kamen Rider stuff in the US now outside of the Internet. I do have a few questions to ask.

1. You guys mention that are branching out into various other western properties for S.H MonsterArts. Could you do more S.H MonsterArts figures on other western properties like Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, The Wolf Man, The Creature of the Black Lagoon, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees and Pinhead?

2. Since you guys have done S.H Figuarts for Marvel and DC superheroes then could you guys do other American Superheroes like Spawn and Hellboy? You will be surprise how much fans have been asking Spawn figures on the web.

3. Will there be more Pokemon and Digimon D-Arts figures? Will you also try to give them a retail release here in the US as well?

4. Any plans to do S.H MonsterArts for Anime monsters like Colossal Titan from Attack on Titans, Hirudegarn from DBZ and monsters from Yu-Gi-Oh?

5. Will you guys plan branching out into various other western properties for the D-Arts figure line? Like D-Art figures for western video game franchises like Halo, Warcraft, God of War, Bio Shock, Ratchet & Clank, Half Life, Team Fortress 2 and Assassin's Creed

I would also like to see Monsterarts of the Universal Classics and Anime monsters. Hellboy, too, as either a Monsterarts or Figuarts release. And I'm looking forward to a big 2014 for the Tamashii and Bluefin!

Hey Bluefin!

Just want to thank you for all your efforts and service to the various fandoms. Very cool for a company to do what youre doing.

Mostly id like to ask if there are any plans for distribution to the UK? Its awesome youre doing so much for the US but sadly us brits are often forgotten. Would highly suggest some UK involvement!

Figure wise id love to see:

Mystic/Ultimate Gohan from Dragonball Z
Kamen Rider Gatack Renewal ver. From Kabuto
Ike, Marth and Roy from Fire Emblem

skywing-TM

Dear Tamashii Nations and related acquaintances

First, thank you again for releasing and showing such magnificent figures / to-be-released figures, and VERY BIG Thank You for releasing SHFiguarts Agito Shining as a regular (relating to my previous post).
I do have another request if you guys don't mind :)
If it is possible, would you please release SHFiguarts of UlforceV-dramon and Alphamon as regular release? They are some of my favorite Digimons (and I'm quite sure a number of fans would agree with this), and it would be quite difficult to purchase these figures if they are released as exclusives/limited, especially to fans living outside Japan and America.
You see, I was a bit concerned about some Digimon (WarGreymon original design, MetalGarurumon, and Imperialdramon Fighter mode) figuarts being released as limited or exclusive. With these figures being released in this format, I am beginning to worry that future releases of Digimon figuarts would fall into limited/exclusive category.
Sorry for such selfish request, and thank you very much again for listening :)

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?