Yeah!...Wait was that sarcasm or did you mean it?

I mean it. Ben 10 was a great show that was ruined by its sequels. Even Chowder and Flapjack are better than the recent iterations.

While the recent ones have delved into Doctor Who and Star Trek like scifi and had some nifty concepts like halfies, the execution and writing of the characters was lacking if not the radical change of art style from the first series. That is why I don't like recent series.

Lurker
pretty much every episode follows the same formula now depending on the characters that appear.

Like if Nega-Ben/Albiedo appears Ben will end up ruining his life somehow and not take an flack for it

If its about Ben's girlfriend Julie he'll act like a child for no reason and she will be the biggest jerk ever with the moral of the episode either being Julie is wrong but Ben comes of as the bad guy or the girlfriend is always right. I don't know how to feel about this though because in the first season of Alien Force she was likalbe and only became a jerk after Ben started treating her extremely badly during season 2.

Vilgax is a joke villian that shows up to be beat in one episode and inflate Ben's ego even further

every other episode is either the plot of the season that only amount to about five minutes of focus every four episodes until the last four episodes or other recurring villians showing up with a random method to defeat a cocky Ben that will easily overcome whatever they do with his only struggles coming from the limitations of his watch

The alien formula is kinda the same every episode too:
1. Spider Monkey is the most used alien as is the ultimate form. If they aren't attempting to show off another ultimate form he will appear for sure

2. one of the elemental prisoner aliens aliens. He always shows one of these off but he only uses water, fire and wind

3. one or two random aliens gets an appearance every episode too

Ben typically averages 3-4 aliens an episode

What's up with Ben and Julie. Didn't they break up but then get back together?

The episode on now is pretty interesting though. Wow and he's using mad aliens he hasn't used in forever. I thought he was afraid to use Ghostfreak.

Why yes, I do know everything
This episode was pretty interesting. Wasn't expecting to see that Ghostfreak transformation, and it's always fun to see Way Big. The plot was kinda interesting too, even if it did seem kinda random (this is the first newer episode I've scene, so I'm not sure if there was forshadowing for the Ultimates being alive inside). But, interesting episode none-the-less =3

Now, count up your crimes!
Seeing this week's episode makes me ask this: Where's Ultimate Wildmutt among them? :laugh:

Lurker
What's up with Ben and Julie. Didn't they break up but then get back together?

The episode on now is pretty interesting though. Wow and he's using mad aliens he hasn't used in forever. I thought he was afraid to use Ghostfreak.
They got back together a few episodes after they broke up despite Ben being a jerk and Julie somehow became one herself after getting back togehter with him. He got over the ghostfreak thing at the end of the first series
This episode was pretty interesting. Wasn't expecting to see that Ghostfreak transformation, and it's always fun to see Way Big. The plot was kinda interesting too, even if it did seem kinda random (this is the first newer episode I've scene, so I'm not sure if there was forshadowing for the Ultimates being alive inside). But, interesting episode none-the-less =3
This is never going to be brought up again unless Ben needs back up at the end of the season
Seeing this week's episode makes me ask this: Where's Ultimate Wildmutt among them? :laugh:
The writers probably forgot about him :laugh:

Why yes, I do know everything
I may have heard it wrong, but the way Azmuth talked at the end of the episode, is Ben going to be unable to use stuff like Ultimate Humongosaur/Ultimate Big Chill/and the rest of the ones that just got freed anymore? Because if that's the case, then this totally sets it up so Ben can stop spamming the same tired things over and over.

They got back together a few episodes after they broke up despite Ben being a jerk and Julie somehow became one herself after getting back togehter with him. He got over the ghostfreak thing at the end of the first series
But what about when it almost took him over again in that episode on Vilgax planet?

Yeah the Ultimate Wildmutt thing....very sad that they could lose track of just six guys. But that's what happens when you only use a guy once!

Lurker
But what about when it almost took him over again in that episode on Vilgax planet?

Yeah the Ultimate Wildmutt thing....very sad that they could lose track of just six guys. But that's what happens when you only use a guy once!

That was because Ben just scanned him back into the Omnitrix; Ben gained control over him shortly after.

also, Ben still has his ultimate forms

New series on the way, tentatively titled "Ben 10: Omniverse" and will feature designs by Derrick J Wyatt, of "Transformers: Animated" and "Mysteries Incorporated."

b10djw.png

Further details as they become available. :D