All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Alphas

wallpapercast1600130704.jpg

New series on the Syfy channel

Alphas is an action-packed thriller from writers Zak Penn (The Avengers, X-Men: The Last Stand) and Michael Karnow. In the series, five ordinary people are brought together to form one extraordinary team of Alphas -- people with the unique power to stretch the capabilities of the human mind giving them superhuman physical and mental abilities.

Operating within the Defense Criminal Investigation Service of the U.S. Department of Defense and led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn), an expert in Alpha phenomena, the team investigates cases that point to others with Alpha abilities. As they work against the clock to solve this new brand of crime, they must prevent their own personality differences and disparate backgrounds from interfering with their ultimate mission to catch the enemy.

In addition to Academy Award nominee David Strathairn (Temple Grandin, Good Night, and Good Luck), the ensemble cast stars Malik Yoba (New York Undercover, Why Did I Get Married?), Warren Christie (October Road), Laura Mennell (Watchmen), Ryan Cartwright (Mad Men, Bones) and Azita Ghanizada (Castle).

Alphas are ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. Impossible is what they do best. Doctor Rosen has observed Alphas in the following categories:

Hyperadrenal Alphas possess extraordinary physical abilities that are activated by elevated levels of adrenaline. When hyperadrenals are in the "zone" they have high thresholds for pain and are unstoppable, but when the adrenaline rush ends, they become listless and physically drained.

Transducer Alphas are human antennas that possess the ability to intercept communications and encrypted messages with their minds.

For Hyperkinetic Alphas, the mind's imaging systems and muscle control are perfectly in tune with the motor skills center of the brain. Hyperkinetics possesses flawless aim, perfect balance, and greatly enhanced motor skills.

Synesthete Alphas are able to enhance one of their five senses, such as sight or hearing, while rendering the remaining senses temporarily useless - often leaving them vulnerable to danger.

Influencer Alphas disrupt other people's abilities to make decisions. Influencer/Pushers use mental weakness as an opportunity to get what they want in any situation.

Preview of the first episode is now available on the site. Series premiere on July 11th @ 10/9c

HEROW
Hmmm... Curious about it... I'll definitely give it a try. Hopefully it's as good as Heroes season 1 and The 4400... Or even better.

Read my smart post
Looks interesting. Always been a big fan of Science Fiction, so I will definitely be trying this

I love these original Syfy shows. I might take a gander at this show. Now I jsut gotta wait until July for Eureka to start back up...

its on syfy so it will be dead with in 5 episodes

What? These type of show tends to do well on Syfy. If it was NBC or ABC, I would agree with you. But I think it'll do well.

So is anyone watching this? I just saw the first episode, and I gotta say it's pretty good. The Syfy shows like Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Sanctuary are some of my favorite shows. Especially Eureka. Love the show. This type of show is meant to be on Syfy. I don't see it getting canceled.

now Nerd Emperor
I'm enjoying this show.

I hear Summer Glau is to appear soon... well, it's probably going to get cancelled soon. I do love Summer Glau and I'm glad to hear she'll be in it but also worried since it seems like anything she appears in tends to get cancelled. :sly: