[TALK] SYFY: Alphas

dchoc

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Alphas

wallpapercast1600130704.jpg

New series on the Syfy channel

Alphas is an action-packed thriller from writers Zak Penn (The Avengers, X-Men: The Last Stand) and Michael Karnow. In the series, five ordinary people are brought together to form one extraordinary team of Alphas -- people with the unique power to stretch the capabilities of the human mind giving them superhuman physical and mental abilities.

Operating within the Defense Criminal Investigation Service of the U.S. Department of Defense and led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn), an expert in Alpha phenomena, the team investigates cases that point to others with Alpha abilities. As they work against the clock to solve this new brand of crime, they must prevent their own personality differences and disparate backgrounds from interfering with their ultimate mission to catch the enemy.

In addition to Academy Award nominee David Strathairn (Temple Grandin, Good Night, and Good Luck), the ensemble cast stars Malik Yoba (New York Undercover, Why Did I Get Married?), Warren Christie (October Road), Laura Mennell (Watchmen), Ryan Cartwright (Mad Men, Bones) and Azita Ghanizada (Castle).

Alphas are ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. Impossible is what they do best. Doctor Rosen has observed Alphas in the following categories:

Hyperadrenal Alphas possess extraordinary physical abilities that are activated by elevated levels of adrenaline. When hyperadrenals are in the "zone" they have high thresholds for pain and are unstoppable, but when the adrenaline rush ends, they become listless and physically drained.

Transducer Alphas are human antennas that possess the ability to intercept communications and encrypted messages with their minds.

For Hyperkinetic Alphas, the mind's imaging systems and muscle control are perfectly in tune with the motor skills center of the brain. Hyperkinetics possesses flawless aim, perfect balance, and greatly enhanced motor skills.

Synesthete Alphas are able to enhance one of their five senses, such as sight or hearing, while rendering the remaining senses temporarily useless - often leaving them vulnerable to danger.

Influencer Alphas disrupt other people's abilities to make decisions. Influencer/Pushers use mental weakness as an opportunity to get what they want in any situation.

Preview of the first episode is now available on the site. Series premiere on July 11th @ 10/9c

musashi03

HEROW
Hmmm... Curious about it... I'll definitely give it a try. Hopefully it's as good as Heroes season 1 and The 4400... Or even better.

MMPR

Read my smart post
Looks interesting. Always been a big fan of Science Fiction, so I will definitely be trying this

DoGu

I love these original Syfy shows. I might take a gander at this show. Now I jsut gotta wait until July for Eureka to start back up...

DoGu

So is anyone watching this? I just saw the first episode, and I gotta say it's pretty good. The Syfy shows like Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Sanctuary are some of my favorite shows. Especially Eureka. Love the show. This type of show is meant to be on Syfy. I don't see it getting canceled.

The_Emperor

now Nerd Emperor
I'm enjoying this show.

I hear Summer Glau is to appear soon... well, it's probably going to get cancelled soon. I do love Summer Glau and I'm glad to hear she'll be in it but also worried since it seems like anything she appears in tends to get cancelled. :sly:

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
I am loving this show. But let me tell you it is a freakin ***** to find them online. I didn't go far for ep.2, but I still can get a hold of ep.3.

You would think SyFy would have these up on their site by now. Why are they being stingy? lol and God forbid SyFy shows repeats.

musashi03

HEROW
LOL, episode 3 has been out in torrent form. :sweat: Awesome show yes, can't wait for Summer Glau.

I love the concept of their powers not being very obvious yet still be very ingenious.

DoGu

Kivat, aren't you glad you saw this thread? This show is pretty awesome. Gary's ability is one of my favorites.

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
Kivat, aren't you glad you saw this thread? This show is pretty awesome. Gary's ability is one of my favorites.

I really am. This show is brilliant..almost like an American Misfits. I love Gary a lot because his actor portrays him so well. Last night I was watching interviews for Alphas and it seems his actor is british..Only God knows how much respect I have for someone who can hide they're accent so incredibly well.

musashi03

HEROW

Yeah, Gary is shaping up to be like what Dr. Bishop is in Fringe. The socially-challenged yet adorable character.

And yes, I've seen that interview too and was surprised how much class the actor of Gary actually has. :buttrock:

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
And yes, I've seen that interview too and was surprised how much class the actor of Gary actually has. :buttrock:

Which makes him that much greater an actor.

lol I don't watch interviews for anything, I have to really like it for me to snoop around behind the scenes.

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
Gary was great in episode 4. The episode was great in general.

Gary got a girl friend, Gary got a girl friend. :p

Gary's sudden rebellion was a cool twist in development. He was saying the funniest **** also. "You sound like the girl in my voicemail.." LOL

That autistic girl who understands all languages was great. Her actor looks really really familiar. Is it odd I found kinda cute? As the episode went on that is..when she started talking.

KamenRiderRaze

Been watching this show online because I could never catch it on TV. Great show, and Gary and Bill are my favorite characters. It would be crazy to see wifi and cellphone signals, but being able to boost your strength (almost) whenever is something I've always dream of.

musashi03

HEROW
I loved the episode. Gary is shaping up to be my favorite character in the show, and I'm lovin it. Yeah the girl pretty much acted great in the beginning, but when she was finally revealing her true identity to Gary, her acting sorta fell apart. She became a bit predictable by then unlike in the beginning where you really see her as someone who has autism.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

I love that the show isn't about their powers, its about the people and how they use their abilities. this was something 'Heroes' lost sight of in a HUGE way. I also love that their abilities are subtle and not outlandish.

Gary is awesome, everyone is awesome. long may this show continue.

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts