Prism Flash!
Besides acting as Suzumura and Asakura, did he have any other Toku roles? Was watching Changerion a few days back and wondered if he appeared in any other shows, even if its for a few seconds/cameo.

Him as Suzumura is pretty funny. :laugh:

Would like to change his avatar
He's recognized more by non-Japanese toku fans these days as Asakura/Kamen Rider Ouja (in Ryuki)...but I think Akira/Changerion was his better role.

He was also in that indie toku "Evolver" as a villain, which I haven't seen.

I think Hagino's a talented actor, but I lost some respect for him once he tried to be an "idol."

Man, I love Changerion...that show needs more respect. People are put off by its quirkiness, but it's a lot funnier than the mindless crap you can find in Magiranger (or Dekaranger, for that matter).

Kazunari Aizawa, aka Hayami/Blader, was in a few episodes of Kamen Rider Blade as Shima/Tarantula Undead, so it was cool seeing him again, too.

BTW, nice avatar!

Last edited:
Man, I love Changerion...that show needs more respect. People are put off by its quirkiness, but it's a lot funnier than the mindless crap you can find in Magiranger (or Dekaranger, for that matter).
Changerion left a sour taste in my mouth after every episode. It was like eating week-old curry...it just didn't seem right. Plus, the humor was pretty quirky (some in a good and some in a bad way, of course...that was audiable. Not every show can pull off good humor, but I usually like quirky humor....so....)

Prism Flash!
I think Changerion's good too. Maybe because its just a stand-alone show, I don't mind the jokes and actually find it good. While Magiranger, being a part of the Sentai genre, you know..... maybe my opinion is the same as yours.

I hope I'm right when I said its just a superhero show by its own.

And yesh, he's better off as Akira/Changerion.
And what about him that makes you lose interest once he got into that 'idol' stuffs?

Hayami, at a glance, kinda remind me of the Magi Green guy. :p

(That Booba/Dragon sword duel is just :jam:)

Eye See You
I've been meaning to check out Evolver.

I totally enjoyed this dude in Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Well, we all know it was Jiro Okamoto that made him that much cooler but still.

Basri said:
And what about him that makes you lose interest once he got into that 'idol' stuffs?

That Hagino was actually a serious actor, something rare in tokusatsu these days, but that entire "idol" feel of Ryuki must have tained him, because he's since released an "idol" DVD and is trying to make it as a singer, making him no better than the rest of these new kids.

Changerion wasn't all goofs, though. I think it had one of the last working romances in tokusatsu with Eri and Shougo/Gauzer. And what about the episode where Hayami and Akira's life-force are switched, so Hayami finally gets to be Changerion as he was supposed and realizes...he can't take the life of even a monster? So, Changerion did have heart amongst the laughs, and it wasn't cop-out heart like lame epiphanies that allow you to download a new magic-spell ringtone or allow Shima to finally toss you that new toy that Karasuma made for you to turn Jack Form.

Forever Knight said:
Well, we all know it was Jiro Okamoto that made him that much cooler but still.

Okamoto was also Changerion in-suit, which is where I think they got the idea to cast him as Ouja in-suit. But, Okamoto did make Ouja cooler than he should have been, at least in his earlier appearances, before he became a parody of himself. It was funny to see him try to make weenie Leangle be as cool by using some of the Ouja moves.

The bad thing about Changerion that I really have to overlook because I like the show so much is his heinous design. And I blame Okamoto for that. The sketch of Changerion was sleek and slim -- when you turn that into a plastic suit and shove bulky Okamoto in it, it just become this ugly mass. It's like what the producer of Robocop said about the studio wanting to cast Ah-nuld as Murphy -- you needed a small guy to be in that suit, or else it's just going to be chunky and ugly and it won't work.

Eye See You
Well what didn't click with Leangle/Okamoto for me was the fact that Mutsuki was an 80lb Anarexic (sp?) and when he transforms into Leangle he's some big bad ass. Bad move on the casting for that imo. I would have rather seen Okamato as DekaBreak or something.

Forever Knight said:
Bad move on the casting for that imo. I would have rather seen Okamato as DekaBreak or something.

That would have been the same problem! Tetsu's not cool enough to have Okamoto, either!

I think if they had kept Kiryu (Garren's "buddy") as Leangle, Okamoto would have worked out more. I think that's what Okamoto preferred, because he acted cooler as the Kiryu-Leangle than the Mutsuki-Leangle.

I think, if anything, Yoshifumi Oshikawa and Okamoto should have switched places -- Oshikawa as Leangle and Okamoto as Garren.

Eye See You
Shougo Kuroiwa said:
I think if they had kept Kiryu (Garren's "buddy") as Leangle, Okamoto would have worked out more. I think that's what Okamoto preferred, because he acted cooler as the Kiryu-Leangle than the Mutsuki-Leangle.

I couldn't agree more.

I believe Hagino did an anime titled "Yugo the Negotiator." It's currently licensed by ADV.