Over my Spring Break, I was thinking about what they might look like if they were a little bit more samurai-ish. Then I saw a fan art pic of exactly that (in the Shinkenger thread), and decided to more or less pixel that image. So here's my interpretation of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.

myshinken.png

Everything here is mine, with the exception of the basic templates. Please don't touch anything without my permission. Thanks.

-Taiko

Last edited:
And the canon in-show suits as well:
shinken6show2.png

Same credits: Acatl for the basic templates, the rest is mine. I used black for Gold's arms and legs because it I thought it looked better than indigo. Please don't touch anything without permission. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment!

These suits were just my attempt at more Shinkengers. I liked them better in the more samurai-ish style.
extrashinkenger2.png

Shinkenviolet. Sound.
Shinkencyan. River.
Shinkengray. Metal.
Shikenchartreuse. Flower.
Shinkenorange. Mountain.
The only helmets I actually like from this group are Metal and Mountain. The others I'm kinda iffy about. If anybody has a better name suggestion for "Shinkenchartreuse", the color is actually yellow-green. I just didn't want to call her "Shinkenyellowgreen". Haha.

As always, Credit goes to Acatl for the basic templates, and Kali for the symmetrical female. Everything else is mine. Please don't touch anything without permission. Thanks.

-Taiko

Last edited:
Well, back to some Kamen Rider pixels. Kiva and Den-O are done, so keep going back, and it's time for KR Kabuto (my personal favorite season)!!!

"Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything...Tendou Souji!"
kabutotendou.png

Tendou Souji, the main character, all around bad-ass who quotes his grandmother. Then there's KR Kabuto Masked Form and Rider Form. And then the Kabuto Zecter, and the three-way Kunai Gun: Kunai Mode, Gun Mode, and Axe Mode.

The basic male template and basic clothing templates are credited to Acatl. All else is mine. Everything on the rider suits is mine, the zecter, weapon modes, hair, and edits to clothing were all done by me. Please don't touch anything without permission from me. Thanks.

-Taiko

Here's the next bit of KR Kabuto:
KR ZaBee and it's four users (although the last 2 only used it once).

zabeeusers.png

Sou Yaguruma, Shun Kageyama, Arata Kagami, and Masato Mishima. Followed by ZaBee Masked Form, Rider Form, and ZaBee zecter.

Basic male template and basic clothing are credited to Acatl. Everything else is mine. Please don't touch anything. Thanks.

-Taiko

Holy wow.

Taiko that Zabii is awesome bro.

Keep those pixels coming.

So did you do the Rider form, then the Masked form over it?

Thanks for the comment!
And yes, I did the Rider Form first. It would've been way harder if I had done the Cast Form first. Although, I originally did Kabuto's Rider Form, followed by his Cast Form. ZaBee's forms were huge edits of Kabuto's.

I have a question. This is my first time in your thread and I think it's cool. What I'd like to know is where can I get the templates you were talking about and what do you do to them? I am inspired to do something, and I'd like to know where to start.

Here's all the templates the creator, Acatl, has made for free use. These include the colors, people/creatures, and clothing (located via link at the bottom).
http://www.geocities.com/sankoku_houou/Basics/basic.htm
If you do decide to use his templates, it's polite to credit him for it.

Personally, I edit the templates via MSPaint. I use the various tools that program has, the paintbrush, bucket, pencil, etc. It's a very basic program, but for me, that's nice. And it gets what I want to do, done. Some other ppl that make pixel images use other programs, the only one I can remember right now is GIMP.