It seems that a few members who I talk to regularly have had their machines infected by spyware/malware/viruses after heading to HJU. kitkat00 had something try to open Adobe Acrobat on her which ended up being the Vundo Trojan, and now Merky's got some sort of malware after Firefox crashed on her after opening up HJU which is probably the same thing. I've got Adblock Plus on my Firefox, and I haven't had these problems on HJU, but for the rest of the users, something has to be done. Hell, I'm sure that Google's Text Ads would be a hell of a lot better than banners and ****.

Mad Skillz
I've actually had a lot of the same problems, I've got Adblock Plus on my laptop, but not on my desktop and I ended up getting hit by virus that I'm pretty sure ended up coming from here. :/ I definitely think a change would be good as well.

Would like to change his avatar
kitkat00 had something try to open Adobe Acrobat...

That's one of the things that happened to my computer. My computer's had two separate problems caused by coming here. The first one seemed to be easy to solve, but the second was a nasty piece of work.

I was using Firefox, came to HJU, it froze briefly (two pop ups were prevented from opening), and suddenly something tried to open using Adobe Acrobat. Suddenly, it caused my Firewall, anti-virus and spyware programs to shutdown. Once I got those up again, the programs found a bunch of Trojans and backdoor agents.

And just when I think my computer's free of them, something will still pop up in a scan.

Now, count up your crimes!
Huh. That might've explains why my Spybot says it fixed 1 problem.

A Secret Messenger ...
I had the Adobe Reader thing happen as well. It happened when I was viewing the Dragon Knight thread around the time the Dragon Knight sneak peek was aired. Something kept repeatedly trying to open up the reader until I closed down the tab (or maybe all of FireFox,can't remember for sure). Only then did it stop.

the baddest *****
I highly suggest not taking this lightly. My computer froze on this site and I had to do a force shut down.

Yes, a forced shut down.

After which Google search results would redirect me to ads for "spyware", going to sites like McAfee were "blocked" with a 404, and if you downloaded them -- you couldn't successfully install them without the Trojan causing them to crash.

Im on my laptop now because my Desktop is basically toast as it runs Malewarebyte to remove what is commonly known as Vundo. This trojan, again, is no joke as it took me nearly three hours just find a solution to the situation. I nearly reformatted because I was so frustrated... you're really trapped.

I highly suggest Keith remove the banner ads as they are proving to be a danger to us posters on this site :||||||||

I've actually had a lot of the same problems, I've got Adblock Plus on my laptop, but not on my desktop and I ended up getting hit by virus that I'm pretty sure ended up coming from here. :/ I definitely think a change would be good as well.

What day was this? And were you able to get the url that did it? I know there was a day that some super virus was roaming the cybernet jacking everyone.

I'll look into this and maybe chuck these ads 'til I know it's safe for sure. I do >REALLY< need more info tho. Ads keep this site alive and with everyone encouraging Adblock and the like, that could sink us.

Mad Skillz
Didn't see what URL did it, but it started with the Adobe Reader problem that others were having. I couldn't find any solutions that worked too well for me, so I just ended up reformatting on Tuesday or sometime around then.

I'll be getting these current ads swapped out ASAP, but... if I remember right, it might not have been HJU. We got an email at work about some Billy Badass of a virus beating up the entire internet. We could use the internet for a while 'til our stuff was updated.

But yeah.. I'll be working on this today.

As a matter of fact, I haven't got the adobe reader problem but my new anti-virus program has recently got crazy with picking up trojans. Almost all came from when I was surfing HJU.