Surprising Japanese superhero connection with THE DARK CRYSTAL

The Dark Crystal, needless to say, is one of my all-time favorite films, and Jim Henson is one of my greatest heroes.

I got the new 2-disc DVD of the film, and watched it in Japanese (with English subs), and there is nothing like watching The Dark Crystal in Japanese!

I also read that the film was the highest grossing film in both Japan and France in 1983, and deservedly so.

Reading up on the Japanese dub voice actors, Tooru Furuya (Amuro Ray, Tuxedo Mask, etc.) was the perfect choice for Jen. Naoko Matsui was Kira, Naoko Kouda was Aughra, Ryuuzaburou Ootomo was the voice of SkekUng the Garthim Master/New Emperor, and Gorou "Shocker" Naya and Shouzo "Hakaider" Uehara did the voices for some of the other Skeksis.

But there was one voice actor among the cast, whose inclusion made me gasp with awe! And he did the voice of the whimpering SkekSil the Chamberlain (my favorite character besides Jen & Kira). He was none other than . . . Hiroshi Miyauchi!!!

I just couldn't believe it! That was so cool to find out that V3/Ao-Ranger/Zubat/Big-One himself was the voice of the Chamberlain, and he emulated the whimpering from the original English version (by voice actor Barry Dennen) so superbly. :laugh:

That was one pleasant surprise I had to pass along.

I seriously hope I'm not the only other person on here who appreciates that. That movie was is so awesome, and hearing that Miyauchi was involved in the Japanese dub makes it that much cooler.