Comics Super Villians that aren't quite all "there"

Can you name any super villains that might be a lamb chop short of a mixed grill? The Joker is likely the number one answer to this. But there are plenty of other insane baddies. Carnage in the Spider-Man world had bonded with an insane serial killer. The Leader in the "Incredible Hulk" comics was hit with a large amount of gamma rays, and became super intelligent, but as a megalomaniac that was always trying to take over the world. Speaking of would-be world conquerors, Lex Luthor, of Superman fame was also a tad in the need of a checkup from the neck-up.

I always felt that Wolverine and Magneto were to hero's that border lined on villain. I guess it all depends on which side of the fence you are standing. These days it seems like the hero's are almost like bad boys, maybe that's the new sexy? I think my favorite hero will forever be Godzilla, not a person I know, and yes he stomps all over things, but there is something quite endearing.

Green Goblin was awesome in that he was a brilliant businessman and a complete nutjob outside of work. Then you have the Ventriloquist and Mad Hatter, both are more than a little wonky. Since you've already mentioned Joker I'd just like to add Harley Quinn, one of my favorite characters who has thankfully gotten a lot of love since the New 52.

Kletus Cassidy A.K.A. Carnage was extremely insane. His human side was a serial killer in an insane asylum. The alien symbiote came from Venom, but it felt rejected, the same as it's father, and hated him. The combination of immaturity and hate and the insanity of Cassidy made Carnage more powerful than Venom and Spider-Man combined.

Taking into consideration that they are villains, I would have to say that all of them are not "quite all there." Unless you define abnormality differently, any psychopathic trait is to be considered as not psychologically healthy. They are murdering innocent people for the most part.

Kletus Cassidy A.K.A. Carnage was extremely insane. His human side was a serial killer in an insane asylum. The alien symbiote came from Venom, but it felt rejected, the same as it's father, and hated him. The combination of immaturity and hate and the insanity of Cassidy made Carnage more powerful than Venom and Spider-Man combined.
The Toxin storyline was really funny watching Cassidy/Carnage trying to cope with the fact he would need to give birth. Venom almost appeared as a loving father figure at certain points. I used to love reading the comics Carnage made an appearable in but lately it seems like Marvel has been overusing him.

On the subject of mentally unbalanced villains, the vast majority of Batman's rogue's gallery comes immediately to mind: The Joker, Two-Face, The Scarecrow, Victor Zsasz, The Ventriloquist, Poison Ivy, Killer Kroc, Mr. Freeze, Firefly, Maxie Zeus (and King Tut on that note), Hugo Strange, The Riddler, Black Mask II, Professor Pyg, etc, etc, etc. Most of those are certifiable Arkham Asylum regulars, and those who aren't at the very least have major psychological issues!

Sticking with DC, but moving beyond fiends considered to be primarily Batman villains: The Floronic Man, Post-Crisis Psycho Pirate, Post-Identity Crisis Jean Loring, Doctor Destiny, Post-Crisis Black Hand, and Hector Hammond are also notably certifiable.

On the Marvel side, Carnage naturally comes immediately to mind as their equivalent of Batman psychos like The Joker and victor Zsasz. In fact, I honestly consider Carnage to be Marvel's rather late answer to The Joker in much the same way as Norman Osbourne is Marvel's answer to Lex Luthour. I'm aware that their version of Arkham, Ravenloft, is filled with other notable villains--but such names are escaping me at the moment (I'm much more of a DC person). The Jackal certain had an unhealthy fixation with Gwen Stacy. Thanos certainly has a rather unhealthy infatuation with death, perhaps even surpassing DC's post-crisis Black Hand (vis-a-vis Darkest Night)!

Speaking of death, 2000 A.D.'s Dark Judges' belief in life as the ultimate crime is certain twisted by any normal, sane person's standard! On the subject of Judge Dredd, the "futsies" driven mad by life in the future are also notable (if not a specific character).

Those are the villains who immediately come to mind as especially unbalanced, but honestly it seems like a great many more--if not most--have at least a few notable major psychological issues like narcissism, megalomania, persecution complex, etc. (Add baldness and a massive fortune to that mix and you have Lex Luthor!) It's just part of the territory with comic book villainy! Mua-Ha-Ha!