Lurker
Wow this game is for hardcore crowd. Second mission is already impossible for me to beat. Bat Kaijin rapes my team, He does more damage, harder to hit and for some reason Ichigo cannot do any of his special attacks with full enegry, being stuck with regular attack that does 1 HP... and dies in two hits... which is gameover in this mission... F*ck my life...

you need to beat up grunts and gain morale to do stronger attacks, to henshin you need to ride his bike(although later on, there's no need for that), its basic SRW knowledge really, what's punishing in this game is you will be forced to use the units you have in and ONLY THEM, in certain stages, which has a possibility of locking you forever in that stage if you're not patient or lucky enough.

you can't spread out too much in battles, especially if you're a cheap guy who doesn't upgrade characters, only focus on 3-4 members at max and you should be able to kill all the grunts, have enough morale to transform and attack, and thus beat the stage's boss.

Lurker
you need to beat up grunts and gain morale to do stronger attacks, to henshin you need to ride his bike(although later on, there's no need for that), its basic SRW knowledge really, what's punishing in this game is you will be forced to use the units you have in and ONLY THEM, in certain stages, which has a possibility of locking you forever in that stage if you're not patient or lucky enough.

you can't spread out too much in battles, especially if you're a cheap guy who doesn't upgrade characters, only focus on 3-4 members at max and you should be able to kill all the grunts, have enough morale to transform and attack, and thus beat the stage's boss.

Actually I cannot summon his bike before I henshined in that mission. I don't have problem with transforming, I have problem with dealing damage. As in I have no access to Ichigo attacks that I could use just fine in previous mission.

Lurker
early stages are mostly scripted, and doesn't needs much gaming skills IIRC, since i have no trouble beating most of the early stages

mind is hazy for stage details since its a long time ago but there's more than just fighting in STT2001, that's for sure, perhaps cobaboy, who's still playing, can give you a better help on this.

Lurker
Actually I cannot summon his bike before I henshined in that mission. I don't have problem with transforming, I have problem with dealing damage. As in I have no access to Ichigo attacks that I could use just fine in previous mission.

U must focus on the grunts first, after u have defeated all the grunts, u should have enough energy to use special attacks against the bosses. I remember that the second mission is when u fight the Bee Woman, right? I suggest summoning the bike and run over her, two hits and she will be defeated. Good luck

Lurker
U must focus on the grunts first, after u have defeated all the grunts, u should have enough energy to use special attacks against the bosses. I remember that the second mission is when u fight the Bee Woman, right? I suggest summoning the bike and run over her, two hits and she will be defeated. Good luck

No, it's the one where you Fight Bat Kaijin. Before the actual battle there's a small scene where you need to defeat four grunts with two guys in dorky helmets shooting blasters.

Lurker
No, it's the one where you Fight Bat Kaijin. Before the actual battle there's a small scene where you need to defeat four grunts with two guys in dorky helmets shooting blasters.

Ok. I know which Kajin you are talking about, try to defeat the grunts first and avoid standing to close to the Bat Kajin. When u fight him one on one, I have some suggestions: When he attacks your character, a menu will come out with 4 options (in Japanese ofcourse):
1. Let your opponent attack u, then attack back
2. Chose the move u want to use if u want to chose option 1
3. Avoid the attack. This will help u avoid receiving damages and gain some momentum, however your character wont be able to fight back
4. Break your self and take the hit. Your character will take the hit, but the damage will be reduced
Again, I recommend that u should use the bike. When the bike's HP is low, u can get off the bike to fight on foot with your character's HP full

Lurker
Ok. I know which Kajin you are talking about, try to defeat the grunts first and avoid standing to close to the Bat Kajin. When u fight him one on one, I have some suggestions: When he attacks your character, a menu will come out with 4 options (in Japanese ofcourse):
1. Let your opponent attack u, then attack back
2. Chose the move u want to use if u want to chose option 1
3. Avoid the attack. This will help u avoid receiving damages and gain some momentum, however your character wont be able to fight back
4. Break your self and take the hit. Your character will take the hit, but the damage will be reduced
Again, I recommend that u should use the bike. When the bike's HP is low, u can get off the bike to fight on foot with your character's HP full

Yeah, thanks, although I figured these options myself.

I obviously kill all the grunts first. They die in one hit and even them attacking me is a suicide, as they have 1% chance of hitting and die to one counter attack.

Hi, need in help of assistance... i am actually stuck at stage 23 where there are many monsters ....please tell me how to clear this level