Super Megaforce - Do the 'pre-zyu' powers kill it for anyone?

The Golden Wizard
I thought Saban was going to have those parts "edited" out. That is disappointing and confusing. To just leave scenes (suits) in from pre-zyu sentai shows. Not explain what's going on with them or why they're there in the first place.

Haim Saban only cares about money and policies.
[HIDE]
reen-Shot-2013-12-07-at-11.32.55-PM-e1386454185898.png [/HIDE]

He could care less about how we all feel about it.

Golden Deal
I rather liked it, because it was a) a nice nod to its source material and b) it expanded the PR universe (the only thing that i would have liked it more is if they gave those teams names, but maybe it will be the case later.)

Female Black Ranger
No.

1. As we have seen in the past, there are other rangers out across the universe.
2. Super Megaforce has a lot more to worry about than continuity issues. How about the fact that the actors have not improved at all in the last 15 months? In fact, it's like they are regressing instead of getting better. Hell, the blonde girl is probably the worst of them. She makes me think that scene of Scary Movie where the girl is in the gym about to be killed by Not Ghostface and "acting" like she is scared.

You think Gia is the worst? An unpopular opinion. Most of what I read on different sites believe that she and Azim Rizk (Jake) are the best with Andrew Gray (Troy) being the worst. Though, they didn't really do much with him in the first place.

It's Judgement Time!
2. Super Megaforce has a lot more to worry about than continuity issues. How about the fact that the actors have not improved at all in the last 15 months? In fact, it's like they are regressing instead of getting better. Hell, the blonde girl is probably the worst of them. She makes me think that scene of Scary Movie where the girl is in the gym about to be killed by Not Ghostface and "acting" like she is scared.

Part of the problem with the acting could be the acting coach or the director. Even an incredible, award-winning actor can give a horrible performance based on the material and direction they are given. I don't blame some of these actors for the performances given the context.

Do I like the seeing non PR costumes on a PR show? Not one little bit.

Did it kill the show for me? Hell no, the show being complete garbage smothered in cat feces killed the show for me.

Lurker
I mean that's all I'm saying. Just a quick edit, Saban.

well like I said, I think they left it there as a quick nod to the hardcore toku fans out there, hoping we'd appreciate it but really it damages the continuity. I really do wish they'd pay attention more to it but from the looks of it, I don't think they care about it at all, which is really saddening! If they did, they would've added a lot more past rangers out there...

...in fact! I don't think they really care about the fans at all! Off subject, yah we're getting a movie, big woop! I'd give them my money on a reeeal reunion any day. Not some popularity reunion that we get to see in an episode or 2 blaaah :redface2:

Cause really at the end of the day, Saban's agenda is TOYS and SALES! They could careless about continuity. The can put anyone they want to PR, they could careless!

Golden Deal
Slowly i think that those phrases that the people post in here (like "it hurts the continuity!" and "it´s too confusing" and other stupid stuff that i did read in here) are nothing more than just straw man arguments and it makes me really sad.
SB most likely just wanted do accomplish 2 things with the inclusion of them:
  1. Give a little nod to the sentai and a little present to the "superfans"
  2. Expanding the PR universe (they already hinted multiple times throughout PR History that there are other rangers/rangerpowers on other planets in the galaxy/hidden in the morphing grid than just the ones we know/already saw - hell, we even had at least 3 different PR series where the rangers got their power because somebody hacked the morphing grid!)

The only thing that was not so smart about having them included in there was that SB didn´t give them proper names.

BUT THEY STILL CARE ABOUT THE FANDOM! It really makes me sick to read that they would not care about it, just because they don´t dance to the fandoms bidding instantly everytime it whines about something it has a problem with.

If anything makes SB not careing about the fandom anymore, it´s arguments like this, because it makes the fandom look like unthankful and entitled brats who only think of what is good for them instead of thinking in the bigger picture.

Saban intentionally aimed PR at a lower demographic than Disney or old Saban PR.

He couldn't care less about the fandom, he cares about making money. Kids as young as the ones being targeted watch and move on after a year or two. There is no fandom as far as Saban is concerned.