Super Mario World Localization Prototype Discovered

Administrator
<p>The website Forest Of Illusion is dedicated to the preservation of video game prototypes, and makes them available for the public. A lot of surprising finds have been posted to that site over the years, but they saved one of the biggest Bob-ombs for Christmas: an in-progress localization prototype of Super Mario World, dated October of 1990 — ten months before the game would go on sale in the US and Europe!</p>

It is like a hidden piece of history finally getting the grand reveal right in front of our eyes. This was my dad's favorite game and he have no idea there is an unreleased prototype.

Somebody
There are some similarities between the debugging feature and the Mario Maker. It's hard to believe that this beta version took so long to reach the general public. The long-desired prototype of Super Mario World has been discovered.

What a fantastic find! The narration by the Gaming Historian was also excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing what other prototype builds and resources become available in the coming years. I believe I have an unfair advantage because of the debugging tools and Yoshi's ability to consume dolphins. I appreciate you sharing the link as well as the video.

I didnt even know this exists but its amazing that this early version is now discovered.