SUPER MARIO BROS 1993 VS. SUPER MARIO BROS 2023

I blame the 1993 movie for the fall of the Roxette's career as a mainstream band because they unluckily accepted singing this movie's soundtrack. meanwhile the current movie gave us the future Oscar Best song nominee, Peaches.

Administrator
Staff member
Those Live action Goombas still gives me nightmares, I mean look at their faces.
61576424b414c10018636eda

Why so down tonight?
To be honest, there weren't many sources available in 1993, and there was no internet. The paradox of turning a kid-friendly videogame into a movie for adults was, in my opinion, the film's major flaw. The 1993 version feels like a nasty fever dream that one of the film's writers wrote in their notebook and mistakenly submitted in place of the real script, and they all simply went along with it. Sonic got last minute save because of fan reactions.

The 2023 film is what kids would have wanted and anticipated back in 1993 because it is so accurate to the video games, but I believe the live-action 1993 film is more suited for an older audience, such as teens and adults.

The Super Mario Bros. The film will surely establish that Nintendo adaptations are still effective, in contrast to the previous film, which had a lot of potential but ultimately fell short. I adore Metroid, Zelda, and Super Mario World. What the future holds for me excites me.

The secret to a great adaptation is to be a fan of the original work and to respect its fans. As a result, most videogame adaptations in the past have failed since the studio hired persons who had no expertise of either videogames's lore and story and simply wanted to use the freedom granted to them. Recent adaptations such as "Detective Pikachu," "Sonic The Hedgehog," "The Last of Us," and "Arcane" were successful because the producers were familiar with video games and other media.

I said oooh
The 2023 LIVE UP TO THE HYPE! It was a PERFECT celebration of everything Mario! I hope it brings joy to all those who were disappointed by prior failures. It certainly put a smile on my face! The 1993 film is a shambles that deserves no regard.

I gotta say, this mission was a blast! We got to revisit the wacky world of Super Mario Bros in all its live-action glory. Sure, the 1993 movie might've been a bit...well, odd, but you can't deny the creativity behind it. That being said, I gotta go with the newer movie as the clear winner. Illumination definitely took things up a notch with their billion dollar blockbuster. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ

Good day, dear Couch Commandos. It's DJ here, and I must say, this was quite the thrill. We had the pleasure of comparing and contrasting the live-action Super Mario Bros movies, old versus new. As for my verdict? Well, I have to side with the modern masterpiece that is Illumination's rendition of the beloved game. It's simply exquisite. The 1993 movie definitely had its charms, but come on, there's no denying the powerhouse that Illumination brings to the table. What do you say, my fellow cinephiles?