Thoughts:

-Wii and PSP again!? Goddammit! It's 2012! How long is it gonna take to make an HD Kamen Rider game?
-I see no Showa Riders on any of those scans. This has me worried. If they take away the Showa Riders from Fourze instead of completing the list, then that's a huge slap in the face. And if they do that, it would further prove my point that all of the Showa Riders should've been included in CH Fourze since it celebrated Kamen Rider's 40th Anniversary.
-Graphics look a little bit better than its predecessor, Fourze.
-They better put ALL new stages and music in this game and not recycle the same ones from the previous games. I'm tired of seeing those stages!

Now about the leveling up system, freerun system and Rider Arts, does this mean Climax Heroes is using a new engine? I hope so because that would make up for all the other disappointing things I've mentioned. If not, might as well change its name to Kamen Rider Not-So-Super Rehash Heroes.

But if it is a new engine, why use the same platforms that the previous Climax Heroes games were on (Wii and PSP)?

LOL

We're in 2012 but it doesn't mean anything, the PSP is still the strongest in Japan (stronger than the Vita anyways) and the Wii has a huge installed base. Develop for both platforms is easy at this stage, you just have to program new chars and shove them into the game engine (which, being realistic, won't be a "new" engine, just a tweaked one like in CHOOO).

Let's just remember that the series started on the PS2, Wii and PSP are also the best option cuz you don't even need remake your chars. An HD version would require an complete revamp of... well... freaking everything. And Bandai-Namco doing that... I don't think so. Moreover, Japanese people don't have this American mentality that HD > SD. There are quite a few games coming out for the PS3 in Japan that aren't full HD.

The Showa Riders being out of the game is not that big of a deal, the Showa that they put in CHF were only Skins with other Heisei Riders movesets and IMHO I found them really boring to play (except Amazon, he was badass). If it is to get the same half-assed Showa Riders from last time I completely agree with the removal, it's mostly a Heisei Rider game after all.

Don't get your hopes really high for an innovative Climax Heroes, it looks like it will be a new breeze for the franchise, just like Climax Heroes OOO was but don't get you're hopes high. I will get the game and gladly play it. I love this franchise anyways xD

Lurker
Thoughts:

-Wii and PSP again!? Goddammit! It's 2012! How long is it gonna take to make an HD Kamen Rider game?

HD Kamen Rider game would mean either ps Vita which is a system that came out requiring Life support and last will on arrival, thus I'm not seeing myself buying it, or coming out on ps3 and so far there's no 4.11 keys leaked anywhere and thus it's would be utterly unplayable to me.

So while I perfectly see why you want that, I sadly have to admit that I'm glad to know that your expectation are not met, since meeting your expectation would mean that I am not freaking playing the game ever.
And ability to play the game for me is a lot more important than something as superficial as better graphics. :p

No Fear, No Pain.
HD Kamen Rider game would mean either ps Vita which is a system that came out requiring Life support and last will on arrival, thus I'm not seeing myself buying it, or coming out on ps3 and so far there's no 4.11 keys leaked anywhere and thus it's would be utterly unplayable to me.

So while I perfectly see why you want that, I sadly have to admit that I'm glad to know that your expectation are not met, since meeting your expectation would mean that I am not freaking playing the game ever.
And ability to play the game for me is a lot more important than something as superficial as better graphics. :p

All this but still hope other guy gets his HD someday. It would be nice if they polished the graphics a little. I mean look how far Bethesda was able to go between Oblivion and Skyrim. Sure the system has limits, but programers can make minor improvments over time, right? Or am I being full of myself....anyway I still hope for those Kiva forms and even the Agito forms if they feel the urge. And Two or Three female riders with decent models. Femme is nice but she has no hips! Or maybe I've been stareing at my Figma Siren for too long and have those expectations...>_>. Even Tackle could be nice...

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
LOL

We're in 2012 but it doesn't mean anything, the PSP is still the strongest in Japan (stronger than the Vita anyways) and the Wii has a huge installed base. Develop for both platforms is easy at this stage, you just have to program new chars and shove them into the game engine (which, being realistic, won't be a "new" engine, just a tweaked one like in CHOOO).

Yes the PSP and Wii are doing well in Japan, but the PS3 and 3DS doing well over there too. It wouldn't hurt them at all if they tried to expand. And after 5 installments already, I expected them to put Super Climax Heroes on other platforms besides the Wii and PSP. Those are not the only systems that are selling over there.

Let's just remember that the series started on the PS2, Wii and PSP are also the best option cuz you don't even need remake your chars. An HD version would require an complete revamp of... well... freaking everything. And Bandai-Namco doing that... I don't think so.

In other words, they wanna cheapen out and leave their fans dissatisfied because they're basically releasing the same game with minimal changes.

Yeah. After 5 installments of basically the exact same game, I've already lost all hope for this series. So much for calling it SUPER Climax Heroes.

Moreover, Japanese people don't have this American mentality that HD > SD. There are quite a few games coming out for the PS3 in Japan that aren't full HD.

Upgrading to an HD console would help if the series is getting stale. It wouldn't help a lot, but it would help significantly.

The Showa Riders being out of the game is not that big of a deal, the Showa that they put in CHF were only Skins with other Heisei Riders movesets and IMHO I found them really boring to play (except Amazon, he was badass). If it is to get the same half-assed Showa Riders from last time I completely agree with the removal, it's mostly a Heisei Rider game after all.

They could always make improvements on the Showa Riders movesets if that's the case. And personally, I've had no problems playing as the Showa Riders (except for the generic kick finishers during Tag Battles, but this also applies to Heisei Riders). They seemed spot on with their TV counterparts. In fact, I played as Ichigo, V3, Black and Black RX MORE than anyone else in the game. My favorite part was lighting up their henshin belts, then doing their respective finishers and then the narrator pausing to explain things.

And if Climax Heroes is mostly Heisei only, then adding the Showa Riders was definitely a breath of fresh air.

Don't get your hopes really high for an innovative Climax Heroes, it looks like it will be a new breeze for the franchise, just like Climax Heroes OOO was but don't get you're hopes high. I will get the game and gladly play it. I love this franchise anyways xD

I'm not expecting innovation, but a full-fledged sequel, not a mere update to the same game. Sure there are fighting games with sequels that keep the same engine and gameplay if it works, but at least they make MAJOR changes in other content (unless it's Street Fighter or Dragon Ball Z).

A Vita Climax Heroes is out of the question, but a PS3 Climax Heroes isn't too far-fetched, especially when it's doing very well in Japan and it's becoming cheaper. You'd think they'd put this on a more advanced platform not only after 5 installments, but after calling it SUPER Climax Heroes instead of Climax Heroes Wizard (which they should've called if they weren't gonna make any major changes). Sure it won't be as easy to pirate or emulate like the Wii and PSP versions, but some sacrifices need to be made. Besides, the PS3 is region free. You just pop in the disc and you're good to go.

And if that doesn't work, try putting it on the 3DS. After all, it's selling like hot cakes in Japan right now and its games' graphics and such are very Wii-like, which is very impressive for a handheld.

The reason why it didn't meet my expectation is not because it doesn't have better graphics. It's because after 4 installments, they call the 5th one SUPER Climax Heroes (and yes, I will keep emphasizing Super) and yet they make minimal changes just like every other installment. Adding the fact that it's still on the Wii and PSP and not expanding to other platforms further proves my point that Bandai Namco is being lazy and they don't wanna make a full-fledged sequel. They just wanna keep making updates of the same game, just like Dragon Ball Z, just like Madden, just like every other rehashed game series.

Ya know, it was much better back in the day when they made Kamen Rider games for a specific series (i.e. Kuuga-Kabuto) or a special occasion game (i.e. Seigi no Keifu and Kamen Rider SD). I miss those. I'm usually a sucker for crossovers, but Climax Heroes has disappointed me in the long run.

Last edited:
No Fear, No Pain.
I just want a few playable Kaijin and and those Kiva forms. Everything else works pretty well for me. But hey, like I said, they had me at Gills and Chalice.

Lurker
Besides, the PS3 is region free. You just pop in the disc and you're good to go.

Not quite as easy if you use CFW. Only way to play newer games without having never keys to decrypt EBOOTS and then resign them with older keys is to Update. Updating your firmware at this point means letting go of pirated stuff pretty much forever. There is no downgrading. Sure there was a window where hardware downgrade was possible but as far as I know, you can't do even that with newer Firmwares.
And I can't quite let go of this stuff because of one Fanservicy game.

But that's pirate's problems, and we are not a sympathetic bunch aren't we? With the whole "playing games illegally and stuff"

Now you can break from stagnation in couple of ways. Sure you can revamp everything, start your HD game on new engine and stuff. But that would inevitably lead to rebooting it. And that would mean loosing stuff. We had a bunch of new features and even that coupled with their absence from screenshots made people think that they could actually get rid of showa riders. You can say bye to majority of the cast, if they move to PS3.
Or you can revamp gameplay. which is what they are doing. You people don't really appreciate how this stuff can change the game. The entire focus of battles in the Naruto Storm games was completely shifted with the addition of Cancels, Air dashes and Substitution bar. And that is another simplistic fanservice game. It changed it to the point that it's actually hard to play Storm 2 or 1 after Generations, how different it plays.

Here we are having air combat, free movement and Ex moves. I think it would make game stand out compared to the previous installments quite a bit, and make it feel like a new game unlike Fourze, which felt like addon to OOO.

Website is up. A few screenshots. New stages. Tagline suggests the stages will be very big this time.

Just a passing through Toku Fan....
I do like that we got the Plaza stage, also is that one with extreme and wizard. Is that the under the bridge stage at a different angle or the day time rock ocean stage?