Banned
Unless you pony up some sort of counter-argument, I won't really believe you think I'm wrong. I think you didn't actually read my post, just skimmed it and typed a "YOU'RE WRONG" response that doesn't make any sense.

You say I'm absolutely wrong when I did not type an absolute statement. I made a statement about how some male fans might feel.

To disprove that statement, you would have to prove that all male fans definitely felt differently. You are an intelligent person and I think you would realize this was impossible with even a moment's thought.

So, clearly-- you didn't actually read my post, or put a moment's thought into your response. You glimpsed something negative-shaped and blindly lashed out.

You could've posted an "I'm a guy and I don't have any problems relating to Hibiki and Kanade" response that would've been more constructive and neatly refuted my point, but you chose not to do this.

Heh.
Two guys would never behave the way Kanade and Hibiki are behaving right now.

You said never. You are wrong in that. Using the words NEVER is an absolute. Also I don't feel the need to type up walls of text in replies on online forums. I know some of you do, but I don't. Just my thing.

Now getting back on topic.

After watching episodes 1-4 I have to say I am liking this series more than HC at the same number or episodes. My only problem so far with Suite is the villains. Those 3 dudes just don't cut it. Elen is cool, but she can't keep it up alone.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
Suite really is a shipper's dream, there's crazy subtext between Hibiki and Kanade.... :laugh:

I didn't make this but:
[hide]
roflbotcmrq.jpg
[/hide]

That just seems painful...

I may be wrong but in the early chapters of Sailor Moon didn't she use disguises every so often, plus I think she also had a mask that used magic to obscure her identity. Though I think both may have just been hold overs from Codename: Sailor-V.

Also wasn't the whole disguise angle really mixed in with the magical girl concept because of Cutie Honey?

What I like most about the relationship between Hibiki and Kanade is that while it is still shaky and do blow up at each other, they are willing to at least stop and think things over now. I think this may end up being a central message to the show one which is oddly not present that often.

Nice post!!
Yeah, the disguise element is usually present early in Sailor Moon. They also brought it back for PGSM, where it's used off and on throughout the series.

Also wasn't the whole disguise angle really mixed in with the magical girl concept because of Cutie Honey?

As far as I know, yes. The caveat here is that there's a lot of important vintage magical girl shows, like Majokko Meg-chan, that I just don't know much about.

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
I love hibiki and Kanade's relationship its so cute. Also thinking about purchasing a hummy plushie just for kicks

It doesn't bother you that for 5 weeks in a row, they've done nothing but be tsundere for argue with each other? I mean, I practically said aloud during last night's episode "Hey you two, shut up and get a room together already!"

Actually, not, i don't bother. And KingRanger already explain the situation very well.

I don't see Hibiki and Kanade as a pairing, but just friends who are trying to get along well, but have some difficulties duo their different personalities. I guess that given the situation they are, it's normal they got nervous and start fighting duo minor things.

I love hibiki and Kanade's relationship its so cute. Also thinking about purchasing a hummy plushie just for kicks

I second on that :buttrock: Hummy's very adorable, though after wathing up to 43 of HC I kinda want a Popporri as well, not the electronic version though, or the one that poops out a seed =P

I don't think this series gives off that much yuri vibe, or just none period =/ I mean if someone wanted to watch REAL yuri stuff I"m sure there's tons of other ones out there..... the only one I"ve seen is Ga-Rei Zero's anime..... and I dunno if that even counts or not.

I also don't mind if they're still fighting and arguing around ep.5, since it makes more sense that there are times when your teamwork or cooperation needs to be reaffirmed or reaccessed, just as a reminder that you actually "need" to work hard to maintain that level of stability and cooperation. And like what Spider-Phoenix said, the're just 2 friends who are trying to get by, not the ultimate pairing combo; but since there's still another 45 eps to go I won't put my finger down just yet :p

As far as I know, yes. The caveat here is that there's a lot of important vintage magical girl shows, like Majokko Meg-chan, that I just don't know much about.
From what I have read it seems that transformation and disguises were present in earlier magical girls shows though they were more or less just part of broader magical abilities, there are exceptions though like Himitsu no Akko-chan. Though I think what makes them different from the Cutie Honey model is that in something like Himitsu no Akko-chan the transformations are used to engage the plot instead of a reaction to the plot, if that makes any sense.

As for this episode I am a little worried after Kanade got flustered when she interviewed the blonde male idol boy. My worry comes from I was hoping that friendship would play a big role in the series, I would hate for that to be sidelined by a focus on romance. Now I am not saying that romance shouldn't be touched upon, I just don't want it to steal attention away from friendship. Honestly though I get the feeling a love triangle is brewing with Kanade liking the boy but the boy liking Hibiki who honestly doesn't care for him that way. My hope is that if they do introduce this love triangle it is dealt with by the end of the first arc, right before the new Precures are introduced.

As for actual Yuri stories and not just fanservice, very little is out there. Though in the past few years there were the adaptions of Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto, both really good though commercial failures. The failure of those two is probably going to preclude another "serious" Yuri production for a while.

Nice post!!
Though I think what makes them different from the Cutie Honey model is that in something like Himitsu no Akko-chan the transformations are used to engage the plot instead of a reaction to the plot, if that makes any sense.

I've seen some vintage Cutey Honey where she uses her powers to create disguises and move the (simplistic) plots along. Modern takes on Cutey Honey tend to downplay this since, more often than not, Cutey Honey remakes target a largely male audience and want to push the fanservice forward.

Cutey Honey's 70s incarnation had some weird demographic issues as a result of Go Nagai saying he'd create one thing and then wandering off to spill his glorious id onto the page. My understanding based on things I've read is that anime Cutey Honey is much more a shoujo story than the manga version.

My worry comes from I was hoping that friendship would play a big role in the series, I would hate for that to be sidelined by a focus on romance.

I wouldn't be too worried. It's typical for PreCure to have a sideline where one of the girls has a boy she likes. It tends not to eat the show since the boy is invariably going to be a background character who gets a lot less camera time than the best friend.

Even if there is some conflict between the girls over liking the boy, I doubt he's allowed to be important enough to cause a love triangle. A love triangle requires three equally important characters, after all.