I am not sure if they have done this in any previous Precure but I think it may be funny if they ever introduce a male "enemy commander" he poses as male student and tries to play the girls off of each. Though instead of either girl showing interest they just completely blow him off. My one reservation is that I am not sure of Suite is going to be such a self-aware show, it may be since Kanade did recognize the 3 Tenors in baking assistants "disguise".

Also this may just be me but doesn't anyone else think that the frilly nature of the costumes especially the skirts are meant to give the impression of frosting?

Didn't they do that in Sailor Moon already ? or some other show ? =O This show seems pretty good so far, even though I'm still crazy about HC (on ep.41 right now), but we'll see as the series goes on to have more ep.s ~ I guess the whole "unable to recognize who the villians in disguise are things" is kind of like how in some of the superman universes, ppl in their world can't tell that its clark kent. Its like some sort of magical / mystical invisiblt force field that only allows the audience to see or recogize it, so I'm guessing this is something like that :p

Nice post!!
Didn't they do that in Sailor Moon already ?

One of Sailor Moon's filler arcs had an enemy commander pose as a student. That said, romance was a big theme in Sailor Moon so the characters being indifferent to it was impossible.

The way I recall that plot going down is that Ail and An (the enemy commanders in question) were supposed to love each other as the only surviving members of their species.

Once they're running around on Earth, Ail just happens to fall for Usagi the way like half of her male enemies do and An just happens to fall for Mamoru the way half of all female Sailor Moon villains do.

I guess the whole "unable to recognize who the villians in disguise are things" is kind of like how in some of the superman universes, ppl in their world can't tell that its clark kent.

This is kind of a play on an old genre trope. Before magical girls who fought bad guys got extremely popular in the 90s, thanks to Sailor Moon, a very typical magical girl power was the ability to disguise herself.

Early magical girls might take on a particular form, like how Minky Momo could turn into an idol singer who was an older version of herself. In the early 90s, you had Hime-chan's Ribbon built entirely around a girl whose only power was to transform into other people.

The way Elen uses her power is a lot like the way Hime-chan's power works. Only where Hime-chan used it to basically help people and resolve conflicts, Elen is using it to start them 'cause, well, she's evil.

Another great episode today. I'm really enjoying Hibiki's and Kanade's chemestry. I think it's the very first time i feel the characters in PC are very close friends.

Not that in the previous seasons, this didn't happened, but in Suite, i just feel things flowing more natural. It's nice seeing that, although they came back to be friends, they still discuss and disagree with each other. Their friendship is showed as being slowly re-started, like the main heroines need to know each other once again in order to get back their former friendship.

Suite may not have the most impressive plot ever and some of the fillers may be not so interesting, but so far, the chemestry between the two lead characters has been top notch. In this regard, Suite has been doing great

The new Tendou Souji
but so far, the chemestry between the two lead characters has been top notch.

It doesn't bother you that for 5 weeks in a row, they've done nothing but be tsundere for argue with each other? I mean, I practically said aloud during last night's episode "Hey you two, shut up and get a room together already!"

Nice post!!
Suite really is a shipper's dream, there's crazy subtext between Hibiki and Kanade.... :laugh:

I dunno. I really like what the show has done with the girls so far. When you've got two girls who are friends, have a huge falling out, then try to become friends again... well, they do the things Hibiki and Kanade do.

They argue over petty things. They have a hard time really having faith in each other even though they know they should. The trust and confidence in the relationship takes time to build back up.

Since Suite Cures have to explicitly henshin in pairs, it's pretty smart of the villains to attack the relationship. I figure they'll do this basically until the first big plot bombs drop around the end of the first cours.

This part of the show is probably going to be difficult for some male fans to relate to or even enjoy on a basic level. Two guys would never behave the way Kanade and Hibiki are behaving right now.

Banned
It doesn't bother you that for 5 weeks in a row, they've done nothing but be tsundere for argue with each other? I mean, I practically said aloud during last night's episode "Hey you two, shut up and get a room together already!"

They are friends. Friends have arguments. Also, they haven't been tsundere at all. If you think they have, then you should really look up what that character type REALLY is.

This part of the show is probably going to be difficult for some male fans to relate to or even enjoy on a basic level. Two guys would never behave the way Kanade and Hibiki are behaving right now. Male friendship is different.

You should really try and avoid making statements like this. You are wrong, and I will just leave it at that.

Nice post!!
You are wrong, and I will just leave it at that.

Unless you pony up some sort of counter-argument, I won't really believe you think I'm wrong. I think you didn't actually read my post, just skimmed it and typed a "YOU'RE WRONG" response that doesn't make any sense.

You say I'm absolutely wrong when I did not type an absolute statement. I made a statement about how some male fans might feel.

To disprove that statement, you would have to prove that all male fans definitely felt differently. You are an intelligent person and I think you would realize this was impossible with even a moment's thought.

So, clearly-- you didn't actually read my post, or put a moment's thought into your response. You glimpsed something negative-shaped and blindly lashed out.

You could've posted an "I'm a guy and I don't have any problems relating to Hibiki and Kanade" response that would've been more constructive and neatly refuted my point, but you chose not to do this.