Nice post!!
You couldn't get into it because the show didn't click with you or the inaccessibility of subs?

The show didn't click with me. I have a hard time taking the characters seriously as individuals. To this day I look at them and see Bootleg Honoka and Bootleg Nagisa.

It sorta sucks because I hear Splash Star does some interesting plot stuff toward the end? And I am pretty sure the characters do have their own personalities. But the designs are so blatant... I just can't connect with them.

Interesting about the superhero and shoujo stuff. I wonder if that is related to my main irritant of the franchise - it being very episodic. Is it a shoujo thing or something else?

It's a superhero thing-- a magical girl thing, specifically. Most magical girl shows are really episodic, except toward the end of individual arcs or the show itself.

As I recall, Sailor Moon was considered groundbreaking because of how complicated its plot arcs got... and Sailor Moon is still a show that's mostly done-in-ones.

As for Max Hearts, I remember being "Can we concentrate on other characters beside Nagisa?"

What got to me in Max Heart was Shiny Luminous. I rarely think a character is just stupid, but... Shiny Luminous was pretty stupid.

The emphasis on Nagisa was weird. I chalk it up to a slew of ill-conceived production decisions in that season. Someone clearly thought Pretty Cure might do better with a "real" protagonist, which... uh, no. No it wouldn't.

I wonder if Hummy simply blocked out the falling out or Siren kept it to herself?

Hummy is... I mean, she's not too bright? She may not really understand what's going on with Siren or why she's acting so mean.

Hummy clearly knows who Siren is (and vice versa), so I think there's some history there that Hummy just isn't likely to dwell on.

PARTY HARD
Also, I've heard Heartcatch is excellent, so should I give that a shot?

If you want to try out Heartcatch, I suggest watching the first two episodes together before deciding whether or not to continue.

I wouldn't call Heartcatch "excellent" but I enjoyed it, it has some memorable high points.

I liked HeartCatch for two things:
a) Itsuki/Cure Sunshine
b) Their faces. Especially the epic MUGEN FACE!!
.=‘..‛=
.l──l​

I really, really get the feeling that Siren and Hummy were once friends who had a falling-out, mostly on Siren's side. I suspect it was driven by jealousy. There has to be some reason why Aphrodite chose Hummy to sing the score and not Siren, who had clearly done it in the past, right? I wonder if Siren became so bitter she simply can't sing a Song of Happiness anymore.

If you look at Siren's character and base it on the situation you just mentioned, she probably let pride get the better of her and developed a warped sense of thinking, like it should be HER and only her singing the Song of Happiness, causing a bit of darkness in her heart because of pride and jealousy.

B) Each pair is transformed using fairy tones that represent musical notes: "Do-Re", "Mi-Fa", "Sol-La", but "Si" (in this case Masked) is only without pair, but if she is stronger than Melody and Rythm? with what she has synchrony?

Wait, there's only 7? I think there's actually 8 Fairy Tones if you watch the opening again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8mKsnm47us"]YouTube - Suite Pretty Cure OP-La La La [HD][/ame]

When they show the Fairy Tones together, you do have 7. Magenta/Red, White, Orange, Yellow, (Light) Green, Cyan, and Blue. If the Magenta and White are Do and Re (like the Do-Re mix you mentioned), then the rest must have corresponding notes, like you mentioned: Mi, Fa, So, La, and Ti. But it's not a complete scale if you don't close it with the last Do, which is an octave higher than the first one (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, Do).

If you look at when the mysterious masked girl (or boy, you never know with shoujou androgyny), the Fairy Tone looks similar to the Blue one, BUT if you look closely, you can see that it's purple (fitting with the masked person's color scheme). That Fairy Tone may also be the second Do if it follows the scale.

PARTY HARD
PreCure All Star DX3 Trailer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4EhMXOnrTs&feature=related"]YouTube - Precure All Stars DX 3 Trailer 3[/ame]

Looky looky looky! Looks like they're going with movie villains this time. I recognize Baron Salamander (long red-haired guy dressed nicely) and the two ice demon guys from the second Futari wa Precure movie (Cure White vs Cure Black!!!)

Edit: I bet I'm pretty slow with this, huh...but since it's Suite Precure, I thought I might as well post it here...

The show didn't click with me. I have a hard time taking the characters seriously as individuals. To this day I look at them and see Bootleg Honoka and Bootleg Nagisa.

Understandable. I'm the type to imagine both incarnations interacting to gleam their differences, but that's not for everyone.

It's a superhero thing-- a magical girl thing, specifically. Most magical girl shows are really episodic, except toward the end of individual arcs or the show itself.

So my serial loving self collides with my mahou shoujo loving self, lol. Who knows, there might be a serial pretty cure or mahou shoujo series in the future (There's Mai Hime, Mai Otome, and Nanoha, but they're all shorter and kind of deviant. [BTW, there's a well written Mai Otome and Nanoha xover fic that I love because no one's bashed in it!])

As I recall, Sailor Moon was considered groundbreaking because of how complicated its plot arcs got... and Sailor Moon is still a show that's mostly done-in-ones.

Aah, Sailor Moon. My childhood! And from what I read, the punching was cut out of the adaptation since it apparently wouldn't sell, but it's in Pretty Cure and, well...the yen's pouring in.

What got to me in Max Heart was Shiny Luminous. I rarely think a character is just stupid, but... Shiny Luminous was pretty stupid.

The emphasis on Nagisa was weird. I chalk it up to a slew of ill-conceived production decisions in that season. Someone clearly thought Pretty Cure might do better with a "real" protagonist, which... uh, no. No it wouldn't.

The focus on Nagisa is strange. I don't remember it well, but wasn't Hikari shunted to the side after the first few episodes? That's weird to do to your new character.

I remember liking Hikari's transformation sequence. And the pretty music. And that she and Porun got along surprisingly well (Though that Max Heart/Digimon Adventure 02 story I'm thinking of would be difficult since there are TWO Hikari's.).

(And am I the only one who was expecting those Zakenna butlers to become good? When they weren't shown with Hikaru in the final episode, my mind went "They totally retrieved and forgiven that pair offscreen. That's my headcanon.")

Hummy is... I mean, she's not too bright? She may not really understand what's going on with Siren or why she's acting so mean.

Hummy clearly knows who Siren is (and vice versa), so I think there's some history there that Hummy just isn't likely to dwell on.

*wonders if that involved Break the Cutie-ing. Or will lead to Break the Cutie-ing*

(LOL sorry about the TLDR I like talking about stuff)

Nice post!!
If you look at Siren's character and base it on the situation you just mentioned, she probably let pride get the better of her and developed a warped sense of thinking, like it should be HER and only her singing the Song of Happiness, causing a bit of darkness in her heart because of pride and jealousy.

This is pretty much what I think happened with Siren and it's just a matter of time before the show formally reveals it. It's a character point that makes a lot of sense and, I understand, is not too unusual as a thing that happens to professional singers.

If you look at when the mysterious masked girl (or boy, you never know with shoujou androgyny), the Fairy Tone looks similar to the Blue one, BUT if you look closely, you can see that it's purple (fitting with the masked person's color scheme). That Fairy Tone may also be the second Do if it follows the scale.

This is how I expect things to go. Since every Cure uses 2 Fairy Tones, having a full 8 Tones means they can get a full octave that's being used by four Cures. (Or, I dunno, eight Cures or something? Either way it's more musical if there's eight Tones.)

The thing I remember with DX2 is that it probably would have been better as Fresh vs Heartcatch. Maybe they would go that route in future series?

Nevertheless, I'd probably be downloading this movie like all of the others. Epic actions probably incoming!

PARTY HARD
This is how I expect things to go. Since every Cure uses 2 Fairy Tones, having a full 8 Tones means they can get a full octave that's being used by four Cures. (Or, I dunno, eight Cures or something? Either way it's more musical if there's eight Tones.)

If they're going to go with 8 tones (we might end up getting 8 cures, 1 for each tone, anyway), they'll have to explain how there is a second "Dory" (assuming the naming scheme is correct) Fairy Tone.

Also, the scene with the Fairy Tones testing the waters, that was too cute!

Edit: Looked at Wikipedia. It could be wrong but I think you were right about every cure using 2 Fairy Tones...

Nice post!!
I heard it from someone else in this thread. I guess it's from pre-production info?

PARTY HARD
I take it seriously because of the musical aspect, which I've said how much I love it over 500 times (jk) in this thread. lol