It seems like Fukuzawa sometimes gets flack for his stunt roles here.
It was especially there during Gokaiger.
I dunno, he seems to do a fine job to me. Not as good as Takaiwa but I think he's done fine as a Red.

This would be a first. I thought he did excellent during his tenure as a red and I do agree with you about Gokaiger being his best work. After moving on from suit acting and becoming the new action director I like how he gave the fight scenes a new approach.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
This would be a first. I thought he did excellent during his tenure as a red and I do agree with you about Gokaiger being his best work. After moving on from suit acting and becoming the new action director I like how he gave the fight scenes a new approach.

I completely agree that his action direction is a bit of a breath of fresh air in Sentai. I loved his work on Go-Busters as action director and with him and Koichi working together on Kyoryuger, the results have been great.

I think for a lot of us who started in the mid 2000s with Sentai, we have a bit of a bias to Fukuzawa as a suit actor since he's the one that we know the best. And IMO, I think he did a damn good job. And when him and Takeuchi work together, you can kind of see them try to one-up each other on stunts, especially in Gokaiger.

But I think if you look at other suit actors throughout the years, you can kind of see what people are talking about. Compared to other suit actors in the 80s and 90s, Fukuzawa can be seen as middle of the road at times. Though I still contend that he brought a lot of personality to his characters and is physically versatile, there are a lot of older suit actors that sort of pushed the limit and set the bar for "newer" suit actors.

I'm still new to recognizing different suit actors and their different styles, but I'm beginning to appreciate a lot of older and newer suit actors for their work. Fukuzawa did an amazing job and Oshikawa is killing it as KyoryuRed right now.

I feel like I have no idea who suit actors are. I also feel like they don't get talked about enough.

In fact, the only thing about suit actors that I'm 100% certain of is that they didn't get the same guy to do Faiz in Decade/Movie Wars, because he moves completely differently. Beyond that I'm clueless and I really wish I had a better idea of who acted in which roles to compare.

On the other hand that might just make it more obvious to me that the person doing the stunts isn't the face I'm familiar with out-of-suit and give me a bad case of congitive dissonance...decisions decisions.

Aronbafon
I feel like I have no idea who suit actors are. I also feel like they don't get talked about enough.

In fact, the only thing about suit actors that I'm 100% certain of is that they didn't get the same guy to do Faiz in Decade/Movie Wars, because he moves completely differently. Beyond that I'm clueless and I really wish I had a better idea of who acted in which roles to compare.

On the other hand that might just make it more obvious to me that the person doing the stunts isn't the face I'm familiar with out-of-suit and give me a bad case of congitive dissonance...decisions decisions.

Well it's kind of hard when he's the title Heisei Rider every year. (Well except for Kuuga and Hibiki)

"Training."
I love how he gives the suits a lot of personality. Takaiwa is like that as well.

I especially like his Gokai Red suit acting. He just gave off a really bad ass and a "i don't give a crap" presence which was perfect for Captain Marvellous.

Well it's kind of hard when he's the title Heisei Rider every year. (Well except for Kuuga and Hibiki)

Sure, that's the title Rider. But there are secondaries, monsters of the week, and various other major baddies like the Greeed or the Horoscopes. And that's not counting other toku like GARO or Ultraman.

I'd just like to know more about the various suit actors, not just the main Rider but everyone. I'd like to be able to make judgements about who is better in various roles and which franchise has the better guys.

Is there a list somewhere?

A quick rundown of the stuff I know:

Eitoku has pretty much been the Second Rider guy since Decade, with his absence as Beast because of an accident he had during the Tiger and Bunny stage play. Before Decade, he had done a lot of extra Riders and a few monsters (Undead, Makamou, Worms, Fangire), as well as Urataros and Ankh. He's just recently come back as Sorcerer for the Wizard movie.

Jun Watanabe is currently Beast, and previously has done a lot of monsters (Orphnoc, Imagin, Fangire, Dopants, Yummies) and evil or antagonistic Riders.

In Decade, even while going with AU Riders, they generally tried to make the new suit actors copy the original Rider's movements, but they didn't seem to even try with Faiz - well, outside of the preview shot to the Faiz World in the tv show. Not even simple things like the handshake were emulated.

They seemed to try a bit in the All Riders vs Dai-Shocker movie, getting Faiz's stance and handshake... but the suit actor there seemed way too fond of spinning kicks, which really isn't Faiz's style. He isn't credited though, so it wasn't any of Toei's main people, in the movie at least.