As someone new to the KR scene , as I started with KRW after many MANY people kept telling me to watch it, what other KR series would you guys recommend? And yes, I am following OOO, pretty good so far but then again, I only have W and the bits I saw of Decade (which looked a bit too melodramatic imho) to judge it with. Thanks for any and all recommendations.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAQk_dj_INo"]YouTube - Awaken the Supernova: Henshin All [HD][/ame]

This a music video of all the Heisei Kamen Rider up to Decade. Try watching it and look for something that might catch your eye and peak your interest.

Though Showa Rider isn't there, so I'm not the best source on Showa Rider.

Welcome
Ryuki.If you are to watch it though, avoid any Ryuki discussions that may have spoilers.
Kabuto is also a personal favorite.It starts off kinda slow but it gets really good.

Nice post!!
As someone new to the KR scene , as I started with KRW after many MANY people kept telling me to watch it, what other KR series would you guys recommend?

You know, I'd suggest giving Den-O a try, especially if you're not big on the melodramatic aspects of Rider. Den-O is mostly character-driven with strong done-in-two storytelling.

Lurker
A lot of people hate Decade. I personally love it, but I can clearly see that particular series is not for everybody. To really get enjoyment out of it, you'll have to go through the entire series with a fine-toothed comb and read in between the lines.

That said, you can't go wrong with Den-O, it has caught some heat as of late, but there is a reason why it's the most popular Kamen Rider series.

That said, you can't go wrong with Den-O, it has caught some heat as of late, but there is a reason why it's the most popular Kamen Rider series.

Is it because of the All-Ride movie? Regardless I'm still gonna check it out, just curious as to why people are starting to turn off from it.

The hitch with Den-O is that it's not melodramatic, but it...doesn't have alot of story to it outside the small, episodic ones of the people Den-O helps. It's not a gigantic problem, but some people find it an issue. It's still great fun to watch, albeit dragged on horribly too long by now.

It really depends on what you're into. What you're looking to see. Ryuki is a good series, but it's kind of different from W in that aside from Shinji, noone is particularly a 'hero', and the villain is kind of a hazy affair. It's just not all that cut and dry. Same thing goes with stuff like Faiz and Kabuto.

It really just depends on what you're looking for. W is a standout. I'd say there have been few serieses of it's caliber in the franchise. Everyone has their favorites or where they think you should start, but for us to give you the best recommendation, we gotta know what you're looking for. What you liked about W and what you look for in a show, book, anime, or game. How much action are you looking for? Do you prefer it to be clean-cut with a clear good guy and bad guy, or do you want some grey area? How much campiness or cheesiness are you comfortable with? (since you gave W a shot we can imagine you're okay with some of the latter, but again, W is a standout series.)

You don't have to be too horribly specific, but I'd say we could just use a few likes and dislikes from you to really tailor a recommendation. Heck, a good pick for you may not even be KR. It may be worthwhile to introduce you to Super Sentai or other choice pieces of J-Drama like Trick or Keitai Sousakan 07.

Bah! Rambling again...bottom line is that if you'd really like a solid suggestion, we're gonna need to know a bit more about your preferences, you know?

How much campiness or cheesiness are you comfortable with?

As someone who's watched Doctor Who and played EDF! EDF! EDF!, I think it's safe to say I can handle as much cheese as you guys can trow at me. Honestly, my taste in things are pretty broad, I love both the morally grey AND over the top villains, so I'll honestly try anything you guys recommend.

Hmmm.....well, in that case I think I'm going to make two suggestions if you're just looking for anything. Heck, I'll even throw in a bonus one just because I can and because the bonus I'm thinking of is good.

First Pick: Kamen Rider Ryuki. Why? It's on the grey end of the spectrum without going too far into it. There's still a hero, there's still villains, but there's alot of people in between and there's alot of development and changes in people. It's not the most technologically advanced series, but what CGI it uses, it uses well. The ending may make you go 'wtf?!', but personally, once I looked at it in a broader sense, taking into account everything, I could live with it.

Second Pick: Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger. Why? Hey...I never said it was going to be ONLY Kamen Rider picks. Lighthearted, fun, but still has it's serious moments, Gekiranger encompasses all that stuff that makes you look back on Dragonball and DBZ fondly....only it actually has a story. It takes a little getting used to, and there's debate on if the mecha fights were too much or not, but the bottom line is the format and style fit, and to me that's what's important. I don't know about others, but the series ended with me sincerely wanting more in a good way, which is not something I can say for alot of other stuff in this Genre.

Bonus Pick Because I can:
Keitai Sousakan 07. Why? It's just good, dammit. Do you need another reason? Good plot and character development, especially on the part of the main duo, and there's just some characters you learn to love. Combine that with a fair mix between wacky and serious stories and you have a good time. It's drama, it's action, but there's no need for men in spandex....unless you count that one episode...but...yeah.

----------------------------------------------

So there you go from me. Mostly my opinion, but I did try to back it up with what I could. I'm a fan of developing characters, although I suppose even that's subjective. Hopefully that gives you SOMETHING to go off of. Also, if you do watch KS 7, do so after Ryuki and see if you can spot a familiar face or two.