Stuff You Miss in Tokusatsu - What Haven't We Had in a While?

Double...kind of had one! ...that was really useless and easily missed. And not even on him most of the time. .....**** you Double.

One good thing I'll say about Double is that he had that slim Black-like Spider-Man sleekness and agility that I've missed seeing since most of the post-Kuuga Heisei Riders! (ZO and J are the only others that come to mind; The Stronger-like Kuuga comes close.) Most of them are these big, clunky, bulky, heavy-duty robots. I miss the slim & sleek Riders.

SLICE
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Double and Black are really kind of equal in terms of everything. Where one fails, the other succeeds, and vice versa. There is no point between them that gives the other an edge.

Show wise, anyways.

Super Moderator
One good thing I'll say about Double is that he had that slim Black-like Spider-Man sleekness and agility that I've missed seeing since most of the post-Kuuga Heisei Riders! (ZO and J are the only others that come to mind; The Stronger-like Kuuga comes close.) Most of them are these big, clunky, bulky, heavy-duty robots. I miss the slim & sleek Riders.

That's another thing I enjoyed about W. He had a very sleek and a very Kamen Rider look to him. ..and I am so glad that they kept to this even in his alt. forms. W still looked like W, with the exception of Extreme but given that Extreme is...well, Extreme then it kinda works.

Four guys and a girl sentai teams

No special rider kicks, for example no added effect, just a simple kick like Ichigo's rider kick.

one piece mechas.

Why do people like sentai teams with 4 guys and one girl? You don't want gender equality at all?

SLICE
That's one thing I never understood myself. I'd like to see, say, a team with TWO guys and three girls. See how that dynamic works.

But then you'd have to use actual CHARACTERS and not stereotypes, so...

A simple passerby...
I miss having the sense of realism in a Kamen Rider show (Oh, now I can't wait for people to start criticizing me for wanting something realistic and dark in a children's TV show). Seriously though, I want a TV show that has an actual sense of realism in it. If you're trying to sell it, I doubt even the kids are so dumb to not realize that hey, these kinds of things don't happen.

I mean when you think about it, there's just too much randomness in each serious all the time. Plus, the biggest issue for me is that with each new serious, it feels like they're throwing away the feeling of having something at stake, like most episodes are just filler until the last 2 arcs or something and that's pissing off. I mean, think about it. A Rider show since Kuuga all the way up till Kiva had a sense of some form of story was being played out behind the scene and made it serious enough to follow, and it kept the people interested all the way with us being curious for the story behind the monster of the week.

I just miss having those types of mood you get. Now it's just bland comedy that's getting ridiculous every year. Why can't we get another serious cop-like show like Kuuga/Agito or a mystery type like Ryuki or Blade? Or even an action/drama like Faiz? I mean those were meant to be kids shows too right? Is it just me or am I sensing that Toei thinks kids can't handle such form of stories or are they just getting dumber and dumber every year?