Stuff You Miss in Tokusatsu - What Haven't We Had in a While?

Mad Skillz
I miss having more than two Riders as well, though I don't miss having evil Riders. We basically had ten years of d-bag Riders in nearly every series, so I feel they can take a break and make the enemies, y'know, the actual monster of the series. It would be really interesting to see what sort of dynamic a series could get going with a cast of three or four Riders in a single show.

The evil Ranger thing is something I wouldn't mind seeing again because Sentai's handled the frequency of those guys a lot better than Rider. Only once in a blue moon do we get an evil Ranger and that really makes him and the story surrounding him this really awesome event that doesn't leave me thinking "Oh, another evil guy. Yay," throughout the entire series. I kind of think the reason we haven't had an evil Ranger in a long time is probably because they just went all out in giving us Abare Killer, heck, heck, you could have done three or four more evil Ranger story lines in the amount of episodes he was evil.

I really miss having more than just Rider and Sentai out there as the tokusatsu of the years. In the years that we have had multiple shows, I've tended to like those better than whatever Rider or Sentai was airing at the same time. I feel like the last real tokusatsu boom was from 2003~2006 or so when you had, in addition to Rider and Sentai, about ten other tokusatsu shows airing in that time frame. I would really love to see some more diversity in tokusatsu productions, it's always interesting to see what sort of stuff can be pulled off by other studios.

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
I miss sentai Vehicles like those Jeeps they would role around in.

Minato Ascending
For Kamen Rider, I'd like to see more secondary riders, instead of just one (double Birth doesn't count). I don't want it to be like Kabuto, which went overboard with the idea, but maybe two unique secondary riders will be great. I'd also like Toei to finally give us female riders who are real regular on the show and not reduced to a cameo or someone who get killed off right off the bat, because when it comes to having female action heroes, KR is woefully behind SS imo.

For Super Sentai, I'd like to see evil extra senshi/ranger, but I also don't want him to be killed off a la Abarekiller. Maybe reform him at the end or something, but I dislike the notion of killing senshis in SS. I'd like to see them introducing new colors like they did with GekiViolet, and not the same old green-and-black switch every year.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
I definitely would like to see a 3rd or 4th tokusatsu series alongside the regular 2. But, I'd trade that for a new Ultraman series. The movies have been kicking ass so seeing a new Ultraman series with an all new hero would be awesome.

Another thing I'd like to see in a Kamen Rider series is a rider with one base form and just one upgrade, sort of in the vain of riders before Den-O. Upgrades have been watered down to the point that they really have new "wow'-ing effect. But if we get just one form for at least half a series than have an power-up, it would be very impactful, sorta like in Kabuto, Hibiki, and Ryuki. But! under one condition: the power up would have to make sense. As in, it cant just pop out of nowhere like in Faiz with the Blaster mode. There has to be a legit reason as to where the power up came from and why it's needed, otherwise it doesn't work.

I realize that's a lot to ask of, though. :p

I don't have low self esteem.
*A 6th Ranger who is not Silver
*A new Metal Heroes series
*A Kamen Rider that is actually a Kamen Rider
*A new Ultraman series!!

To name a few..

This. The last one I remember is Mele.

I would expect GARO to have evil hot chicks by now:mad:

Also, if Sentai had a evil Green Ranger saga, but keep him evil, I would watch Sentai. I thought they were gonna do it with GokaiSilver.... Boy, I was wrong:shakefist

Another thing I'd like to see in a Kamen Rider series is a rider with one base form and just one upgrade, sort of in the vain of riders before Den-O. Upgrades have been watered down to the point that they really have new "wow'-ing effect. But if we get just one form for at least half a series than have an power-up, it would be very impactful, sorta like in Kabuto, Hibiki, and Ryuki. But! under one condition: the power up would have to make sense. As in, it cant just pop out of nowhere like in Faiz with the Blaster mode. There has to be a legit reason as to where the power up came from and why it's needed, otherwise it doesn't work.

It'd be amazing to see if Toei could bring themselves to take the Ultraman Max route: NO extra forms, MAYBE a power-up in the form of a weapon.

Will never happen though. XD