Street Fighter : Real People that Inspired the creation of the characters

Administrator
Staff member
The very first fighting game is a 1976 arcade game titled Heavyweight champion. It started it all, but it is Street Fighter that defined the genre. Without Street Fighter, there will be no Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, nor Tekken. Many Street Fighter characters are so Iconic that even people who don’t play the game knows their name. There is no way in H.e double hockey sticks Nicki Minaj plays this game, but she knows who Chun-li is. I want to include the first lady of fighting games, but sadly she won’t fit this article. There are Street Fighter characters based on Anime and Manga characters. Meanwhile, there are original characters based on the Japanese understanding of a stereotype of a national from a country they represent. There are characters though who are based from real existing people and yes there is no permission for their likeness.
79514495_2712725888783777_9065169536436666368_n-300x153.jpg

Ryu -Street...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
And all that I can see is just another Lemon tree
Can you please share where Chun-li came from?

Titty
The Real Sagat is still Alive? Now I want to go to Thailand and enroll on his school!

Hardcore CLAMP fan
I am sad that my nephew only recognize Street Fighter characters as dlc for Fortnite, knowing the rich history of these characters.

Under My Spell
The Ken and Ryu Inspiration is spot on. In Case of Modern characters I believe Luke is inspired from the Paul Brothers of Youtube fame.

British Columbia Made
I am Glad that Angelina Jolie is not obsessed with her likeness because she didn't sue capcom even if they didn't ask for her permission. Lindsay Lohan sued GTA 5 accusing them for making a character designed after her even if its not.

It is sad that the real life inspiration for Both Ryu and Ken both passed away. At least the real life Sagat is still alive training people. He even embraced the character!