Books Stories, tales, fables...

My favorite are the ones written by Hans Christian Andersen and Brothers Grimm. They remind my of my beautiful childhood.
I personally loved these the most - Red Riding Hood, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Which one were/are your favorite?

(How does this not have more replies?! We can't be the only two fairy tale geeks on this forum!)

Hans Andersen is my favorite author of fairy tales, too.

As far as compilations of the traditional fairy tales passed on through oral traditions go, though, my favorite folklorist is Thomas Keightley, probably because his stuff was the first I've read that was so scholarly and thorough. The compilation itself was obviously not for kids, even if the stories in the compilation might have been for kids--if that makes any sense. It was really how he preserved and examined his culture. W.B. Yeats was also really thorough about it, although he's best known for his poetry, and I must admit that the way he wrote out the compilations as if he were taking diction made it a difficult--if authentic-feeling--read.

Not sure if this counts as a fable but I like 'Le Petit Prince' by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

It's quite interesting to read and there's so many implications and hidden lessons slipped into the little prince's journey that I discover something new every time I re-read the story. :)