Lurker
Anyone have cool stories on how they found time to watch more Toku? Here's mine to start.

As a toku fan, I've been trying to catch up on older Toku shows. However, with work, family stuff, and me trying to be a writer, my attempts to watch Goseiger hadn't been going well (I had a Toku dry spell and in college, not watching Kamen Rider either).

Well, I like to get up early so I'm not rushing, with time to eat breakfast and watch TV. Usually, it's around six so the only good choices were Scrubs or Looney Tunes. The problem was that Scrubs would skip episodes or be replaced with another show and Looney Tunes would only show the same cartoons.

I think you can see where I'm going with this :169: My thick skull got penetrated that my morning could easily be occupied with some Japanese goodness, five episodes a week. If the number wasn't divisible by five, just have the difference made up with another show (I usually held off watching the current shows for those days or pick episodes from another show at random) and watch any movies on the weekend after I watched their surrounding episodes.

I've finished Goseiger, W, OOO, Den-O, and I just started with Dairanger this week, all shows I haven't seen. Been awesome. :)

Anyone got a story to share?

(Stupid side note: My plan was to do Dairanger after OOO. The praise I heard about Den-O and the fact Den-O's writer was now doing a Sentai train series changed my mind :) )

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
When i was younger i was more into anime, and since i had the time i actually had no problem doing small marathons, like, just sit down and watched 3 or 4 episodes on one sitting. I used the same approach to watching toku and that way i could watch a whole show in one or two weeks, but as i grew up and life insisted on happening, i simply didn´t have the time to do marathons anymore.

Since i had such a limited schedule i decided to only watch one or 2 episodes per session, but make it a daily routine so that i could watch at least 10 episodes in a week.

The funny thing is that using this scheduled method i actually watch more shows than i did before; when i used to do marathons, i would watch a show and then spend weeks without watching anything besides my weeklies, so i really didn´t watch that many shows every year, but now that i have a constant schedule i am basically watching Toku all year, save for the two months i dedicate to anime.

This year alone i have watched Ultraseven, Tomica Hero Rescue Force, Tomica Hero Rescue Fire, Fate Zero, Jojo´s Bizarre adventure, Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan, Hikari Sentai Maskman, Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Gogo and i will watch Megaranger, Kamen Rider Black RX and any other show i fit on to the schedule before the year ends.

back when I was still passionate about Tokusatsu, I could finish a 50-episode series within 2 days (weekends or if I didn't have to go to school). few years later, it would take me about a week to do the same thing (weeknights). I've basically watched all the old Toku that I've always wanted to check out when I was in Tokyo, thanks to the awesome system called DVD rental. nowadays, I'm just watching Sentai weekly as a way to pass my free time until I have some J-dramas to look forward to.

Another Climax
Holidays and weekends when you don't have other things to do. You got to make time to binge watch shows you like.

I am still only on episode 4 of House of Cards and only half way through season 4 of Arrested Development. Just finished watching the last quarter of Kill la Kill the other day now that it is on Netflix.

This isn't an anecdote about finding the time so much as how I use it. I'm really bad at marathoning/binge-watching. Even if I'm enjoying a show I usually find that when I get about 5 minutes into the third straight episode my attention wanders and I get bored. So to get around it I always have two shows on the go (usually either two toku from different eras or a toku and an anime). My self-imposed rule is that if I watch an episode of show A, then I have to watch an episode of show B before I can watch another one of A. It seems to work pretty well, plus I find that if one show goes through a bit of a rough patch then my desire to keep watching the other one will force me to push on through until the patch ends and the show gets good again. :thumbs:

I also decided to apply this rule to the weekly Rider episodes. I kept thinking that I'd like to watch the original series of Kamen Rider at some point, but other shows always took my attention away from it and it's not exactly like there's any rush seeing as the subs are less than halfway through. But when Gaim started I decided that every week when I watched the latest episode I would also watch an episode of the original series, and now I'm nearly caught up on that show.:dance: I'm thinking about continuing this with Drive, but I don't know what to team it up with yet as there's an awful lot of shows that I think "hmm, I should watch that at some point." :sweat: Maybe I'll narrow it down a little and run a poll in September to let you all decide what I should double-bill KR Drive with. :hmm: