Stopmotion Coming To Theaters February 23

Administrator
<p>IFC Films will be introducing a unique kind of horror film, Stopmotion, later this month. Yes, the name means the whole thing’s a love letter to stop motion, chiefly the demented kind.</p>

I remember how the stop motion animation of Clash of the titans use to scare me now it didnt age well.

Finally, a return to the roots of horror! There's something inherently eerie about stop motion animation that modern CGI just can't replicate. I'm eager to see how Stopmotion pays homage to classic horror while delivering a fresh take on the genre. Let's hope it delivers the chills without relying too heavily on jump scares.

Stopmotion animation still works for kid movies but not for horror.

Stopmotion certainly sounds like a departure from the usual horror fare. While I'm not typically drawn to the genre, the psychological aspect of Ella's descent into madness intrigues me. I'll keep an eye out for reviews before deciding whether to give it a watch. Who knows, it might just surprise me!

Take a look at me now
Stop motion? Isn't that a relic of the past? I mean, sure, it had its heyday, but in today's digital age, it feels like a step backward. I'm all for nostalgia, but clinging to outdated techniques won't keep the genre alive. I'll pass on this one and stick to more contemporary horror offerings.With the advancements in CGI and special effects, relying on stop motion feels like a step back into the dark ages of filmmaking. It's no wonder this niche is dying out—it's simply not keeping up with the times. Give me something cutting-edge, not a throwback to yesteryear.

MangoTango
As an aspiring animator myself, Stopmotion speaks to my soul. The idea of exploring the blurred lines between creativity and madness is fascinating, and I can't wait to see how Ella's journey unfolds on the big screen. Here's hoping it inspires a new wave of appreciation for the artistry of stop motion animation.

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
70s and 80s loves using stop motion a lot so its cool to see a horror that uses it again.

TCL

Stop motion horror? Sounds like something my grandparents would enjoy. In today's fast-paced, digitally driven world, it's no wonder the genre is struggling to keep up. If they want to appeal to younger audiences, they need to ditch the outdated techniques and embrace the future of filmmaking. Otherwise, they'll just fade into obscurity.