I am the law
Okay..let's knock off the picking on SK. Also since this thread is REALLY threading the line of religion vs science..let's remember to keep things civil.

Banned
It's just an opinion, SK. Some people are atheists you know.

It's not surprising that Hawking would have this opinion. I mean the man is a genius. He's not going to believe something that cannot be proven and is based on that flimsy term of faith.

Actually, I do care. His opinion has really blown me away. After these years I've supported him, talking science, of course. But it's like he has an issue a challenge to religion.

Science will win a battle? Oh, my ass! :redface2:

Right now, I don't want to talk anymore. I might going to lose my cool..:redface2:

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Actually, I do care. His opinion has really blown me away. After these years I've supported him, talking science, of course. But it's like he has an issue a challenge to religion.

Science will win a battle? Oh, my ass! :redface2:

Right now, I don't want to talk anymore. I might going to lose my cool..:redface2:

He's a scientist, he knows science. That's all that matters SK. If he talks about something out of his field of study you can just discard it and not care if you disagree, it doesn't change his acomplishments or anything.

CPS

He's a scientist, he knows science. That's all that matters SK. If he talks about something out of his field of study you can just discard it and not care if you disagree, it doesn't change his accomplishments or anything.

Since when is metaphysics outside his field of study? All he talks about is our universe and the many others outside our own...

Stephen Hawking says a lot of things.
You wouldn't think he'd be able to say much just by looking at him.

Guardian writer Ian Sample asked Hawking if he feared death in a story published yesterday.
"Yes I fear death. I want my lifeless body to be glued to a speak&spell for eternity. I enjoy only being able to make one face."

boogie woogie feng shui
Obviously the existence of an afterlife can't be proven or disproven, whether by scientific means or through spiritual enlightenment, but I think anyone who really contemplates about the concept long enough will realize what a ridiculous notion it really is.

Lurker
Obviously the existence of an afterlife can't be proven or disproven, whether by scientific means or through spiritual enlightenment, but I think anyone who really contemplates about the concept long enough will realize what a ridiculous notion it really is.

This!