Administrator
Staff member
Despite of the lack of playable females in 15, Noctis still have some sort of romantic love interest though it is very subtle. That woman is Lunafreya.

In the early stages of the game's development though, There is a girl named Stella, She is has the same role as Lunafreya but her relationship with Noctis is more openly romantic.

Square Enix decided to remove Stella because they decided to remove any open romance on the game because the female players prefers shipping Noctis with male characters.

Weird as it may sound, Majority of Japanese players prefers Noctis with Prompto.
maxresdefault.jpg

Do you think replacing Stella with Lunafreya a right decision?

I don't care that much about romance in games so I'm fine with the decision to substitute Stella with Lunafreya, ( though why did they change the name ? Lunafreya must have a hidden meaning. I know Luna = moon, at least ).

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy is like the normal named person in 15.:D

It is more than a name change because Stella have a bigger role than Lunafreya.

Another reason Stella got removed. You are suppose to kill Stella in a Boss fight. It would have been first time in Final Fantasy History where the hero must kill his love interest.

LunaFreya is also meant to die, she is an oracle and she had seen the future she will die but she didnt die in the hands of Noctis.

Cindy is like the normal named person in 15.:D

It is more than a name change because Stella have a bigger role than Lunafreya.

Another reason Stella got removed. You are suppose to kill Stella in a Boss fight. It would have been first time in Final Fantasy History where the hero must kill his love interest.

LunaFreya is also meant to die, she is an oracle and she had seen the future she will die but she didnt die in the hands of Noctis.
Interesting. That makes me think that the real reason for the removal of Stella from the game is possibly because of the "darker" turn the plot took.
BTW, you said Stella was supposed to have the same role as Lunafreya, in the story. However, the wiki says otherwise.

I think Stella from the Final Fantasy 13 game was re-imagined for the Final Fantasy 15 game and became Luna-also they both have similar latin names as well,that involve the sky- Stella which means star in latin and Luna meaning meaning moon.

I'm just going to go with Luna mainly because she can handle herself without any help.

From the character design point of view Stella was clearly prettier than Luna. I understand for story purposes they scrapped her for Luna but why waste a good character design? They could've just inserted a new personality to Stella. It's a shame because aesthetically Luna doesn't interest me at all.

From the character design point of view Stella was clearly prettier than Luna. I understand for story purposes they scrapped her for Luna but why waste a good character design? They could've just inserted a new personality to Stella. It's a shame because aesthetically Luna doesn't interest me at all.
I think it was Nomura that decided to make Stella more pretty.

Administrator
Staff member
Stella and Noctis are suppose to have a Romeo and Juliet tragedy. This is in the trailer of the cancelled version. It has snippets of the Noctis vs Stella fight.

After they decided to replace Stella with Lunafreya, The boss fight is removed.