Square Enix’s Latest Announcement Isn’t A Game At All

Staff member
Last month Square Enix registered a trademark for a new product called “Symbiogenesis.” What does that mean? In technical terms it’s “the merging of two separate organisms to form a single new organism,” but fans of the company’s past output somehow took it to be a hint that the Parasite Eve series was about to have a new entry.
They couldn’t have been more let down. Square unveiled “Symbiogenesis” at the Web3 Conclave in India. It’s not a game, it’s the name of their new NFT marketplace. They warned they were about to do this and…lo and behold, there it is.
Square offers vague promises that Symbiogenesis will be video game-y in SOME fashion, with the user commanding “a character in a story that takes place in an alternate world where the player can ’untangle’ a mystery by completing missions that revolve around questions of the monopolization and distribution of resources.” Whatever that means.
We don’t see much crossover in the kind of techno-bros who invest in NFTs (which aren’t...

Continue reading...

Do not mess with the Power
Well some people are stupid enough to fell for NFTs so Square Enix takes advantage of those poor souls who are willing to spend money.

conjunction with free-space theory
I never been so dissapointed to a news, I thought the announcement is a Final Fantasy game getting a remake, a dlc of Final Fantasy VII remake or another Kingdom Hearts game.

I still don't fully comprehend this NFT stuff, including why people are willing to spend a significant amount of cash on it and why others believe it is detrimental to the environment.