Hi people? Just out of curiosity. Do you prefer Squall or Leon? Whats' your guys' opinion on the name change for Squall in Kingdom Hearts? I didn't even know it had been changed!.

Administrator
Staff member
He used the identity Leon in Kingdom because on that iteration of him, he have regrets. His home world got massacred by the Heartless. It puts him on regret so he changed his name.

Kingdom Hearts has been my favourite game ever. Squall is my favourite character, but his name changing to Leon is a bit disappointing for me. I am such a huge Squall fan that I was planning to tattoo his name on my wrist.

However, the name change was obvious because of the hurt Squall had to go through after the destruction in his life. Sometimes, the game character play like a real character roles. Every destructive past should be renewed into a constructive present.

So, Squall took a correct decision of getting rid of his bad past and becoming new Leon in his current life. That makes sense! So, Squall is Leon now and it is all accepted as it is.

Kingdom Hearts has been my favourite game ever. Squall is my favourite character, but his name changing to Leon is a bit disappointing for me. I am such a huge Squall fan that I was planning to tattoo his name on my wrist.

However, the name change was obvious because of the hurt Squall had to go through after the destruction in his life. Sometimes, the game character play like a real character roles. Every destructive past should be renewed into a constructive present.

So, Squall took a correct decision of getting rid of his bad past and becoming new Leon in his current life. That makes sense! So, Squall is Leon now and it is all accepted as it is.
It was also disappointing for me on the name change. Tatoo? Girl, you do have some guts!. Thank you for making me understand why the name change.

It was also disappointing for me on the name change. Tatoo? Girl, you do have some guts!. Thank you for making me understand why the name change.

Yeah! a tattoo! Squall would be very happy to know that! Infact, I was planning to write my name "Grace" along with "Squall". Later on I realised that Squall Leonhart sounds good in itself.

The main thing is that I am impressed with his character, his lifetime story and I have accepted his current role in his life. Also, his love for Rinoa is incredible.

Yeah! a tattoo! Squall would be very happy to know that! Infact, I was planning to write my name "Grace" along with "Squall". Later on I realised that Squall Leonhart sounds good in itself.

The main thing is that I am impressed with his character, his lifetime story and I have accepted his current role in his life. Also, his love for Rinoa is incredible.
Personally am speechless on how he loved Rinoa. Wish such a love existed!. Best of luck on that tattoo. Hope you won't laser it one day when your husband is jealous. Ha.

Personally, I think leon squall is a better and improved version of Squall Final Fantasy VIII. He looks better and he can actually speak so that is a plus for me.

Aside from losing his home to the heartless, I guess another reason he replaced his name was that he also lost Rinoa. If they reunite in Kingdom Hearts 3, I think I could perceive Leon going by the name of Squall again.

On the topic regarding which name I like, Leon is okay with me. He does have reasons for his name change after all.

I prefer the name Leon, there was a reason to which the name came about. Having a constant reminder of one's failure will always tear the person apart and its why he had to change his name.