There are basically two timelines.
One altered one in which Takumi is alive and time keeps repeating(due to strong emotions/regrets/memories. this twisted timeline started in the 3gou movie so might have to watch the movie to get more info, Yuuto also found the origin of the twisted time there), and the 'original' in which Takumi is implied to have died in the final episode of 555.
Once the problem is solved, time returns to the 'original' line.

The timeline from SHTGP has nothing to do with KR4's loops, aside from both being generated by the same machine. The tv special with the Ninninger shows that the machine was active even before it created SHTGP's timeline - although it suggests that the machine was completely fairly recently. I guess there might have been an incomplete version of the machine making smaller changes, like keeping Takumi alive, and they only needed Doctor D to make the machine completely rewrite the world's history for SHTGP.

Yuuto looks at the picture that they took, now without Takumi, but I don't think there's anything suggesting that he really remembers him. Kaido does remember Takumi, but he seemed to talk about him like someone who has been long dead (He mutters Takumi's name while wondering about the people who protect the skies now).

Well... Let's just remember that Yuuto is not a Singularity Point so technically every changes in history should affect him as well.

The timeline from SHTGP has nothing to do with KR4's loops, aside from both being generated by the same machine. The tv special with the Ninninger shows that the machine was active even before it created SHTGP's timeline - although it suggests that the machine was completely fairly recently. I guess there might have been an incomplete version of the machine making smaller changes, like keeping Takumi alive, and they only needed Doctor D to make the machine completely rewrite the world's history for SHTGP.

3gou movie timeline is definitely related to 4gou episodes. The anomaly of a certain death, and rewinding time. Watch the flashbacks to the movie in the 4gou eps and Yuuto's trip to the twisted time again.

3gou movie timeline is definitely related to 4gou episodes. The anomaly of a certain death, and rewinding time. Watch the flashbacks to the movie in the 4gou eps and Yuuto's trip to the twisted time again.

Go's death was pretty much just a false flag though, making people think that Tomari or Kiriko were the ones reseting time. The timeline in SHTGP wasn't a repeating loop, it was just a big giant reset.

Heroes are forever
So the Takumi from Kamen Rider Taisen was actually brought back from the dead by Badan's shenanigans? It would make sense since Takumi felt empty and had a great deal of regret. Meeting Keisuke gave him peace and he then faded away after the movie.

You can see that I thoroughly enjoyed Kamen Rider Taisen and wished it was canon.
Taisen is canon if you want it to be, there's nothing explicitly saying that it is or it isn't. So "choose your own canon".

Takumi being alive seems to be because of the Great Leader's altering with time, Badan's Mega Reverse Machine had nothing to do with it.

It's weird but all the Neo-Heisei Rider Movies are apparently canon with the Rider series even OOO's movies that don't gel super well. Don't ask me how that works sense I have a hard time believing it myself. I'm just telling you what I heard.
Except for OOO, they all fit in quite nicely and are not hard to place.

Lurker
We can always use Decade as an excuse for these continuity problems, that's what we did to explain why Black & RX keep appearing together anyway

That's kind of different though. Decade explained how Black and RX could appear together. It's not just people randomly saying that it's his fault. Anyway, now it seems like the Roidmudes have been around for more than a decade before the Global Freeze, so the plot with the history change machine fits in pretty easily.

Also, I just saw a post on 2ch regarding SHTGP:KR3's box office.

peace.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/sfx/1427234238/321

An official publication from Toei apparently had official numbers for this and several other releases. SHTGP ended up making more than 800 million yens. That places Kamen Rider 3 above Gaim x Drive, but lower than any of the previous spring crossover movies.

Toqger vs Kyoqyuger's box office was 350 million yens.

Heroes are forever
Here's the whole playlist (4 parts):
https://www.youtube.com/play list?list=PLgR3Bj_9UCg59IJO6uNIwkvVvtk0dBkx7

Just remove the space between "play" and "list".

BTW, the Kamen Rider #4 DVD (and I guess Blu-Ray too?) comes out on September 9th.

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I wasn't fond of the whole "alternate timeline" premise, especially since it meant most Riders during most of the movie were controlled by Shocker. That scene in the beginning where evil Stronger, X and Amazon are easily beaten by Mach and Rider 3 was really annoying too and I was expecting the worst after it. However, I ended up enjoying the movie in spite of all that.

Aside from that scene, even while evil the Riders seemed to show some of their personality, and various Riders were a constant presence through the movie too, following the trend of Kamen Rider Taisen. Although form changes weren't common, there were still a couple, like Burning Agito and Super-1's hand change, alongside most Riders using special unique abilities, including X with his throwing Xs from Rider Taisen, Riderman's Machinegun Arm, ZX's shurikens and Kabuto's Clock Up.

As far as the story goes, aside from the random reference to General Black's disguise from the original series and the Ninninger's cameo, most twists this time seem less contrived than the ones in previous movies. For example, regarding Rider 3's allegiance,
it's clearly shown in the beginning that he's working for Shocker when he kills Rider 1 and 2, so when he says that he killed them accidentally, it's obviously a lie, and yet they also show a flashback that suggests he has second thoughts about all that, so him turning against Shocker in the end is set up from much earlier, unlike the twists in previous movies where they generally avoided scenes that suggested what was going on before the actual reveal.

During the final battle,
I was pleasantly surprised that some suit-only Riders escaped from the history changing beams too, and continued fighting. In fact, that scene kinds of redeemed Stronger from his earlier bad showing, especially when he was the one leading Super-1, Decade and Gaim to use their finishers.
The Ninninger's appearance is just as random as last year's Sentai cameos though, even more so, maybe, since neither the Ninninger nor Drive remembered their previous encounter, although that can be excused due to history being changed, aside from the last ninja.

Anyway, although the premise itself is similar to Let's Go Kamen Riders, the execution is very different. The ending itself is much better executed too. We actually see the restored timeline this time and even learn about Rider 3's identity in the original history. I guess the one other oddity is a certain lead in to Kamen Rider 4 and the post-credits cliff hanger, but I don't think those hurt the movie, although there's some tonal clash during the final battle.

I really hope they keep the same director for next year's movie too, whatever it is.