In Justice, We Trust!
So got done watching the first episode of Disk Wars T he Avengers now that it's finally been subbed.

This is a weird and disjointed series.

It doesn't feel like your typical Marvel cartoon, but I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing…

I really like the designs though, save for Hulk and Iron Fist. I dunno, Hulk looks like he came straight out of JoJo. I'll watch the 2nd or 3rd episodes because I really wanna know why these damn kids are needed.

Lurker
My anime this season are Captain Earth, Black Bullet, and No Game No Life.

Majin Bone is still in the maybe.

In Justice, We Trust!
My anime this season are Captain Earth, Black Bullet, and No Game No Life.

Majin Bone is still in the maybe.

Yeah, Majiin Bone is entertaining even though we still don't know what the long term goal is.

I do enjoy the characters, and the fight choreography is pretty good even if I don't like the switch to 2D CGI.

Based solely on their first episodes:

Keepers
Mushi-shi season 2, Captain Earth, Knights of Sidonia, Chaika The Coffin Princess.

Maybes (didn't love but will get one more episode to try and impress me)
Yu-Gi-Oh!! Arc V, Broken Blade, Black Bullet, Dai-Shogun Great Revolution.

No. Just no.
Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro, Majin Bone, Daimidaler.

Daimidaler is described as a comedy on every site I've seen it. But it is way too outlandish for me, the same thing with the new Yu-Gi-Oh series.
Daimidaler is almost a throwback to hot-blooded super robot shows. If the only unique aspects about it had been the unusual mech design and having penguin-themed enemy robots to fight, then I'd have given it a go. But instead it's a skeevy show where the mecha's cockpit has a second pilot seat designed to turn a women around and shove her chest into the protagonist's face because the mecha is powered by the special energy particles he emits when he gets to feel boobs. :redface2:

Yu-gi-oh is a basic "I must clear my father's besmirched reputation" plot, but that's a lot more story to go on than Majin Bone gave us, and personally I'd rather watch more of Yu-gi-oh's balloony hippos than Majin Bone's horrible 'Ryukendo meets Tenkai Knights' power suits. I get the feeling I'd like Arc V a lot more if I had the first clue about the arbitrary and confusing rules of the game. :sweat:

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
So, I've kept up with Wixoss and.... I'm starting to fall out of it. The card game~Ryuki aspects are still cool but, it's not!Ren's incest story that's draining my interest. I'll see how episode 3 goes this week and if it's not much better, I'm gonna drop it.

Though, I'll at least have a great backup in "Knights of Sidonia". A kickass Op/Ed, fun setting, and oh man, I can tell I'll have fun with the mecha action.

In Justice, We Trust!
Broken Blade is a keeper.

It's a fascinating series with a lot of potential and world building. The best way I can describe it is that it's Escaflowne meets Code Geass. Never saw the first Broken Blade anime so I really can't tell you how they compare.

Last edited:

It's a fascinating series with a lot of potential and world building. The best way I can describe it is that it's Escaflowne meets Code Geass. Never saw the first Broken Blade anime so I really can't tell you how they compare.
I was quite cynical about that series when I read about it in advance. You know how a lot of successful anime get a film version that's basically just the series chopped to pieces in an editing suite to get it down to 90 minutes, and a couple of new shots to try and convince existing fans that it's not a total waste of their time? From what I've read, Broken Blade is a strange variation of that. The last series consisted of a half-dozen 50 minute episodes. Apparently they've re-edited it to fit into a half hour format (i.e. chopped each episode in half) and then promised to pepper the series with bits of new footage to get the people who already saw it to watch again.

I haven't yet seen either of those other shows you mentioned. On it's own merits, Broken Blade was a maybe for me, though I haven't watched the second episode yet so maybe it will convince me.

Lurker
Finally saw the first episode of Broken Blade. It is going on my watch list for this season right away!

It has one of the best mecha designs I've seen in a while. :castlerock:

Lurker

and that gets me to watch. Better be good DK, or ELSE!!! :laugh:

Lurker
and that gets me to watch. Better be good DK, or ELSE!!! :laugh:

At the very least it wins best mecha design this season, and that saying something when you have Captain Earth as a competitor.

I like the pseudo-stempunk element from it and I like that implication that the setting is this world but thousands of years into the future.