By the Power of Gaia!!!
Well, you have to admit, Bandai American downgrades the sentai versions of their toys, and to be honest, I don't think there's any real reason for that. I mean--why take out the extras that make the overall product so cool in the first place?

I totally admit the Japanese versions are superior in quality, it's just that kids don't need morphers totally tricked out so that they cost 50 bucks.

As a kid, when I'm racing out into the summer day along side my friend to take on whatever new threat is attacking the Earth, all I'd really need is a bare bones morpher. Most everything else I could just do in my imagination. I wouldn't feel bad about dropping it, diving and rolling with it or whatever I might need to do while fighting imaginary monsters.

On the other hand, a morpher that costs 50 bucks? **** that! It'd be too much in the first place for an average parent to justify dropping that much cash for a lot of features the kid won't use and doesn't need.

Now ten buck on the other hand... you could get every one of your kids one without breaking a sweat or be too worried that 10 buck has gone down the tube after the toy breaks.

If you're some kinda model collector, that's when it counts the most. But Bandai America is about selling affordable toys for children to play with.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
True, but what I'm wondering is it really that cost-effective to just strip it down so much? I mean, with the mecha toys I can understand, because they use die-cast metal for those--like they did with Gaoranger's--and that seems pretty pricey. Now that I think of it, the DX MagiKing and WolKaiser toys don't seem to have die-cast metal parts, either.

Makes me wonder if they did it like that on purpose so save Bandai America some trouble.

Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Then speak for yourselves guys and go dorp the dough on a more pimped out Morpher. But don't dog on another guy's score and the toys he buys for his kids.

That's rude.

I've the Shadow Morpher and I have to say it's good enough. Depends on what you need it for. If you're a collector and need the best of the best, yeah... go Japanese. But if you just want a memento of a show ya like or you're a kid rushing about the neighborhood fighting monsters... you really don't need to spend more than 10 bucks. The rest you fill in with your imagination and there ain't nothing wrong with that.

My old He-Man sword was no museum replica back in the day, but by god my blade was a sword that split the heavens and made imaginary monsters quake as I strode through the darkness.

That's all I'm saying.
*kicks Keith in the nuts*

i didnt dog on him. i didnt say "Maan you are teh suck! u idiot bought bad morpherz! bwahahaha!" i mearly stated that the morphers are of lesser quality. for alot of us when MMPR came out it was almost exactly the same as the jap versions and we got that up untill Lightspeed i think. it's just bad how BA's screwed up so much these last couple years.

thanks for the interesting link.. kinda weird how the person keeps referring to the Police insignia as Doggie-Kruger.. its just the head of a dog..

if anyone wants.. i can take a video clip of the sp license's 3 different mode, so you can hear how the sounds are (if you have no clue)

When I got my SP License, it was about 30 bucks. I actually like the clip on the American Morpher better, because my SP License just falls out of its holster.

The changers are not $50, they're about $30 like Blackbird said. They'd only cost that much if you get them from ebay or some place like Toys n Joys.

KR Garren said:
*kicks Keith in the nuts*

i didnt dog on him. i didnt say "Maan you are teh suck! u idiot bought bad morpherz! bwahahaha!" i mearly stated that the morphers are of lesser quality. for alot of us when MMPR came out it was almost exactly the same as the jap versions and we got that up untill Lightspeed i think. it's just bad how BA's screwed up so much these last couple years.

*grabs your leg and breaks it in half*

Umm, correct me if you're wrong but you said...

KR Garren said:
why would you pick up that piece of crap? i feel sorry for your kids and all american kids who have to deal with BA being bastards.

Calling things crap and feeling sorry for kids isn't "merely stating." I stepped up cuz this guy's doing what we all hope we're able to do for our kids someday... buy them toys to play with, and well.... you brought dark clouds to the occasion. See what I'm sayin'?

I do agree, that it sucks that we're getting downgraded quality, but like I said... kids don't need the bells and whistles... adult collectors do. With the downgrades it's cheaper for Bandai and the parents who buy their children morphers so that more kids can have 'em.

And what's this about being able to buy changers for 30 bucks? Does this include shipping and handling? Cuz that's usually where I find myself having to spend 50 bucks.