Okay, I didn't know where to stick this (since it's about cosplay), so I thought I'd stick it here and let it be moved later if it's in the wrong place.

So... a bunch of us (Ladymercury, Ryoshin, a few others and I) are going to be cosplaying as the Deka crew. Now I'm broke as a poor man's joke and I'm thinking about purchasing the SPD Changer since 30+ shipping for a Deka license is too rich for my blood. Now, obviously, I'd probably be the only one in my group with the SPD changer. >___> But it's better than no changer at all.

My questions for you guys are:

Should I bite the bullet and buy the Deka license?

If I DO buy the SPD changer, any advice on how to modify it to make it look like the Deka one?

Got any cheap places to buy EITHER of those?

Anyone willing to sell me their Deka changer for cheap (a total long shot but it never hurts to ask >____>;; )?

tl;dr I'm poor and need a Deka changer, what should I do?

Last edited:
"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
try going on ebay, or rangerboard store and look for the Dekarangers' SP License. I am positive that they might be at a price of $30.00 or less. Take my word for it, the Delta Morpher from SPD is a piece of crap compared to the SP License. I recommend that you don't waist your money on that.

Mad Skillz
This fits best in commerce planet.

Here's an actual video review of it so you can see what the SP License does. There really isn't too much of a difference between the SP and the SPD version, aside from the size, the SPD version is lacking the phone mode, which I never found all that great anyway, and the ticking noise during the "judgement" mode. And the design is a little different, if I recall correctly, I think the SP has a star design and the SPD version doesn't, not sure, will probably have to dig mine out later if I can find them.

Now personally, I wouldn't spend too much money on the SP License, I never thought it was all that great compared to the stuff that came after it (Magi Phone runs around the same price and that is by far the best changer in a long time), but if you're really a sucker for minor detail and a few sounds, go for it. For a BoA toy, it was surprisingly good, then again 2005 was their golden year in terms of releases and faithfulness.

Save yourself the trouble, stop by Toys R Us and pick up a SPD morpher. You can always return it for a refun to the store if you choose to not keep it after the cosplay. [not like anyone would notice the difference unless they look much closer]

Yeah, i want pics ^__^

I was thinkin...u can save the money, just go around naked with some rubber ducks placed strategically on ur body

J/K

I wanna do Umeko in a towel and suds on her head. :O

FOR THE LULZ!

I wouldn't be nekkid under the towel, ya know... for all ya PERVS out there. :p ^_~