Space Sweepers | Sci-Fi K-Drama Film | The Misadventures of the Victory Team

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
<p>PLOT SUMMARY: “The year is 2092, and Earth is borderline uninhabitable, overrun by arid deserts and the dry orange color grading of Blade Runner 2049. Everyone who can afford it has moved off the ruined planet to live in orbit on a seemingly utopian colony named Eden, built and ruled by a megacorporation.” (Quote Source: Space Sweepers review: Netflix sci-fi movie feels like Cowboy Bebop | Polygon)</p>

Space Sweepers had me laughing my way through the galaxy! Who knew that collecting space junk could be so entertaining? The Victory Team's misadventures, unexpected encounters, and the whole "bomb in a cute little girl" situation had me chuckling in disbelief. It's like the ultimate cosmic sitcom, and I couldn't help but enjoy every hilarious moment. Its not even a comedy!

The IMDb rating may not be sky-high, but I thoroughly enjoyed Space Sweepers. It had that perfect blend of action, humor, and heartfelt moments. Plus, the fact that they're already planning a sequel tells you something. Space-related films and series are definitely captivating audiences worldwide, and this one is no exception.

♪Love is in the Air♪
Space Sweepers had me hooked from start to finish. The visual effects were stunning, the characters were engaging, and the story had so many unexpected turns. It's a sci-fi K-drama that offers a unique take on space exploration and the consequences of our actions. Definitely worth streaming on Netflix!

❤️ I want nobody but you
Let me tell you, Space Sweepers is like a crazy space adventure mixed with a ticking time bomb. I just finished watching it. Literally! Who would have thought that the fate of Earth would depend on a pretty little girl? I was glued to my chair as the plot took unexpected turns.

Heaven is a Place on earth, Korea
The film's portrayal of a post-apocalyptic world, combined with its space junk collection concept, created a truly immersive experience. And let's not forget the twist involving the little girl who turns out to be a bomb—talk about raising the stakes!

cruel, helpful and optimistic.
The Victory Team in Space Sweepers is a band of misfits with fascinating backstories. Captain Jang, Kim Tae-ho, Tiger Park, and Bubs brought such depth to their characters, making them relatable and endearing. Their unlikely alliance and shared goal of stopping the evil mad scientist made for an exhilarating and heartwarming journey.Space Sweepers cleverly incorporated this concept, turning what might seem like ordinary junk into a sought-after resource. It added a unique twist to the film's universe and made the space sweepers' mission even more vital for their survival.

Space Sweepers completely engaged me with its innovative world-building and compelling plot. You couldn't help but root for the endearing characters because the diverse cast gave it their all. This movie is essential viewing for sci-fi and K-dramas fans. You won't want to miss this cosmic adventure, I assure you.

The film is amazing although I must mention that the finale is a little confusing. That small girl, after all, is said to be capable of restoring life on Earth, cleansing the air, promoting plant growth, and doing a variety of other things to make our planet livable once more. Nonetheless, she chooses to remain with the sweepers. Personally, I would have been overjoyed if she had been returned to Earth to save our planet. Aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed the film.

You can do anything if you believe in yourself!
A confusing phenomena remains in the area of inventive Sci-Fi dramas: a noteworthy absence of future clothing and fashion. One can't help but wonder why such a glaring omission was made. While the painstakingly produced scenery and locations transport us to faraway lands, the characters themselves are bizarrely dressed in modern attire. As the visionary world-building fails to stretch its creative tendrils into the sartorial sphere, a tragic paradox arises before our eyes. One is left longing for tomorrow's sparkling fashion, the glittering fabric that would engulf our characters in spectacular apparel, imbuing them with unearthly beauty. A squandered opportunity, a rift in the tapestry of storytelling, where the potential for aesthetic transcendence remains untapped.