ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
Just got the subs off asiatorrents. :D

Raxbait: Hip
^BTW you got an extra invite?
I think I'll need to torrent now since I dont have premium anymore to download all the MU links on LJ -_-

I have all my invites intact, so if anyone needs 'em, you can PM me your e-mail add.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
^BTW you got an extra invite?
I think I'll need to torrent now since I dont have premium anymore to download all the MU links on LJ -_-
Sorry, I don't have any. :( But it seems kuroihikari got some. :thumbs:

Raxbait: Hip
Was able to get one ;D

Anyways, movie was really good! I enjoyed it a lot!

So for those who watched the anime and have watched this, what do you think?

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
Seen this also last night. I only got the SD version so the experience is kinda lacking. Currently downloading the HD version for better experience. Nevertheless., it's a great movie. Lots of toku actors in it.

BTW, here's a good site with character comparisons: http://www.starblazers.com/html.php?page_id=465

Anyways, I have only seen the Revival movie which is a sequel to the original series. In that movie, it shows how the series ended.

[hide]Captain Okita sacrificed himself with Yamato to prevent a space ocean on flooding Earth after they got the anti-radiation device. Okita calls for abandon ship. It's kinda similar to the ending scene with the movie but with Susumu and Yuki together.

Both ended up with each other and had a daughter.

Another difference I saw is the mechanic of the Wave Motion Gun. The guy didn't die in the series and ended up created a new version of the Wave Motion Gun for an upgraded Yamato.

And supposedly, there's a limitation of how many rounds can the Wave Motion Gun do. And it seems it was disregarded in the movie with the only limitation is it can't fire after a warp.[/hide]

Yeah i think the makers intended this to be one movie only with the changes they made which is fine with me. I understand with the effort for fx it cost a lot.

Last edited:
ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
I kinda need to take back some of the things I posted there. It seems they combined different aspects of the Yamato movie series into one movie... Currently looking for the original anime movie to check out the differences.

You know what i liked about the fx, that ship was so realistic that i almost thought it was an miniature model. But i know its not a miniature, some scene were impossible to shoot with miniature models.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
You know what i liked about the fx, that ship was so realistic that i almost thought it was an miniature model. But i know its not a miniature, some scene were impossible to shoot with miniature models.
Yeah. The effects and CGI is superb. I just think it kinda lack space battles. We only have one after their first warp, after that, next space battle is on Earth's orbit.