it's way faster and smoother than IV, and replacing Critical Finishers with the "Super Moves" was a smart move. gonna try to make a Gokaiger senshi with Cervantes' moveset lol (for obvious reasons)

Webslinger
Probably gonna buy this game somewhere in late spring/early summer when the prices drop. I personally don't think its worth $60.

I had a pleasant surprise with this game. Even though I didn't pre-order it, the store that imported the game for me got a Pre-Order version, so I have a playable Dampierre.

Anyway, I'm loving the faster and more fluid gameplay, and the graphics are really stunning (which is very good considering how SCIV itself looked better than many fighting games released after it).

The custom character feature is much better now too. We're finally able to make decent looking Riders this time and just better characters in general. Using stickers, free placement objects and adding textures, even to weapons, the custom characters finally avoid looking rather generic.

I haven't even tried the story mode yet, just went once through Arcade, then CaS, Quick Battle, more CaS, some offline VS and the online arena mode. I can understand the problems some people have with the offline content of this title, especially if they aren't fans of CaS, but so far it's really fun to me. Anyway, I'll post pictures of some custom Riders (and other characters) later.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying what I've played of the game so far but a word of warning about Story Mode:

It's pretty short, not all the characters appear (no Mitsurugi or Hilde, for example) and you also play most of it as Patroklos, some stages of Pyrrha and two as ZWEI.

And get used to hearing this word a lot: "Malfested".

I've been playing this for the last few days. Although I had no internet access, so I couldn't post here.

Anyway, here are some Rider customs I've made:

Rider 1
SOULCALIBUR_14.png

Rider 2
SOULCALIBUR_15.png

Stronger
SOULCALIBUR_16-1.png

They've all been designed in such a way that when the armor breaks, their human faces are revealed too, like they're de-transforming, which seems like a pretty nice use for the armor breaking system.

Here's some non Rider related stuff too...

Keroro Gunso from the anime... Keroro Gunso/Sgt.Frog in a Pekopon suit. (I'm surprised this was possible at all, but I'm still working on improving it)
SOULCALIBUR_2.png

Powered Natsumi from... Keroro Gunso.
SOULCALIBUR_3.png

and anyway how is the making of Riders possible there?

For the helmet, there's a closed helmet with an open mouth and a separate face plate item, combine both to have closed helmet. Then for the eyes, use the sphere items with free placement. Some of the Heisei Riders with bigger eyes can just use one big sphere cut in half by some other object.

Hm... Here's an incomplete Kamen Rider Fourze:

KamenRiderFourze_Fourze_01.png

I'm still trying to figure out a way to include that black/orange line on his chest without sacrificing any significant details... For his fighting style, I went with Edge Master, which means that he changes weapons every round, mimicking his constant Switch spam. My next Rider characters will likely be Kabuto, Decade and some monsters.

Last edited: