Soul Calibur V

DeluxeRobots

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
I got really excited when I heard about it. But after hearing the story would be set 17 years after the events of Soul Calibur IV not so much anymore.

Anyways here's the trailer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbIjwEHgtbc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - SOULCALIBUR V Teaser Trailer[/ame]

I got really excited when I heard about it. But after hearing the story would be set 17 years after the events of Soul Calibur IV not so much anymore.
People said the same thing about Tekken 3 and it turned out to be one of the greatest games in the series. Who cares if the story is 17 years later? Nobody plays fighting games specifically for the story anyway... As long as it retains the better characters and gameplay from the previous installments, that's all that matters.

So far in the roster, we got...

Old:
- Siegfried
- Nightmare
- Mitsurugi
- Ivy
- Astaroth
- Maxi
- Tira
- Hilde
- Voldo
- Raphael
- Aeon Calcos/Lizardman
- Cervantes
- Yoshimitsu
- Dampierre
&
- Algol
- Edge Master

New:
- Patroklos
- Pyrrha
- Natsu
- Z.W.E.I.
- Violet
- Leixia
- Xiba

Guest:
- Ezio
- Harada

Wished Dante would've been in the game as a guest.
So far Talim, Yun-Seong & Zasalamel haven't been shown yet. All there's left of the new are Mitsurugi's brother & Bangoo.

Wonderwall

Webslinger
I hope this is better than 4 and I really hope that they put back the regular battle options they took off from 4 like team battle and whatever else they removed. I'm also pissed that they removed Setsuka who was my main. I mean c'mon she was only in the game since part 3 and is still kinda new. But who knows maybe they might surprise us all and let us buy old characters.

draewon

Lurker
I hope this is better than 4 and I really hope that they put back the regular battle options they took off from 4 like team battle and whatever else they removed. I'm also pissed that they removed Setsuka who was my main. I mean c'mon she was only in the game since part 3 and is still kinda new. But who knows maybe they might surprise us all and let us buy old characters.
the news in here is quite stagnant

the 2 main characters, patro and pyrrha has selectable alternate forms(which is probably one of the many final bosses), patro's alternate will use setsuka's style

the other 2 secret characters being kilik and sopithia(also probable final bosses), both are mokujin/edge master/olcadan-like characters but the difference being they will mimic characters that DIDN'T MAKE IT to SCV(kilik for male, sophi for female) meaning the styles of zasalamel, yunseong, talim, etc will still be in the game even though the character's aren't

here's the pics
[HIDE]

[/HIDE]
see those two in the bottm corners? those are "super" patro and pyrrha

Sentaifan'07 Xman

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I had some guys at my college who just bought it the other day, and It was F*&*in' Awesome!!!

Besides the lack of story for the other characters and as the exclusion of the more popular SC Characters, I'd recommend it to those who want to continue with the series.:castlerock:

Eh. It's not a significant improvement over IV, and it's nowhere near as good as II was, but it's still playable.

7/10

djmon25

it's way faster and smoother than IV, and replacing Critical Finishers with the "Super Moves" was a smart move. gonna try to make a Gokaiger senshi with Cervantes' moveset lol (for obvious reasons)

Wonderwall

Webslinger
Probably gonna buy this game somewhere in late spring/early summer when the prices drop. I personally don't think its worth $60.

NeonZ

I had a pleasant surprise with this game. Even though I didn't pre-order it, the store that imported the game for me got a Pre-Order version, so I have a playable Dampierre.

Anyway, I'm loving the faster and more fluid gameplay, and the graphics are really stunning (which is very good considering how SCIV itself looked better than many fighting games released after it).

The custom character feature is much better now too. We're finally able to make decent looking Riders this time and just better characters in general. Using stickers, free placement objects and adding textures, even to weapons, the custom characters finally avoid looking rather generic.

I haven't even tried the story mode yet, just went once through Arcade, then CaS, Quick Battle, more CaS, some offline VS and the online arena mode. I can understand the problems some people have with the offline content of this title, especially if they aren't fans of CaS, but so far it's really fun to me. Anyway, I'll post pictures of some custom Riders (and other characters) later.

Last edited:

FlashNeko

I'm enjoying what I've played of the game so far but a word of warning about Story Mode:

It's pretty short, not all the characters appear (no Mitsurugi or Hilde, for example) and you also play most of it as Patroklos, some stages of Pyrrha and two as ZWEI.

And get used to hearing this word a lot: "Malfested".

NeonZ

I've been playing this for the last few days. Although I had no internet access, so I couldn't post here.

Anyway, here are some Rider customs I've made:

Rider 1

Rider 2

Stronger

They've all been designed in such a way that when the armor breaks, their human faces are revealed too, like they're de-transforming, which seems like a pretty nice use for the armor breaking system.

Here's some non Rider related stuff too...

Keroro Gunso from the anime... Keroro Gunso/Sgt.Frog in a Pekopon suit. (I'm surprised this was possible at all, but I'm still working on improving it)

Powered Natsumi from... Keroro Gunso.

NeonZ

and anyway how is the making of Riders possible there?
For the helmet, there's a closed helmet with an open mouth and a separate face plate item, combine both to have closed helmet. Then for the eyes, use the sphere items with free placement. Some of the Heisei Riders with bigger eyes can just use one big sphere cut in half by some other object.

Hm... Here's an incomplete Kamen Rider Fourze:

I'm still trying to figure out a way to include that black/orange line on his chest without sacrificing any significant details... For his fighting style, I went with Edge Master, which means that he changes weapons every round, mimicking his constant Switch spam. My next Rider characters will likely be Kabuto, Decade and some monsters.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Who's on Discord?

Mastodon