Scale wise (particularly the Kuuga line) how large is a Souchaku in comparison to an SH Figuarts?

Height is about the same. Posability is less, sturdiness is less, and quality is much less.

The die-cast metal parts are cool, but they lend a weight to the figure that makes posing hard - the weight of the feet/chest can make a figure prone to falling over easier. Also, these figures look absolutely stupid without a helmet on, since the human head is shrunken to keep the helmet encasing it in scale.

Also, metal parts may fall off or come unsecured.

Height is about the same. Posability is less, sturdiness is less, and quality is much less.

The die-cast metal parts are cool, but they lend a weight to the figure that makes posing hard - the weight of the feet/chest can make a figure prone to falling over easier. Also, these figures look absolutely stupid without a helmet on, since the human head is shrunken to keep the helmet encasing it in scale.

Also, metal parts may fall off or come unsecured.

Hah, sounds nice to me.
They do look great though.
I bought a lot of Kuuga..the entire line I believe.
Growing and Mighty
Dragon
Pegasus
Titan
Rising Set
Ultimate
Amazing Mighty
Try chaser 2000 and Gouram
Silver Trychaser 2000 and Gouram.

Lurker
Souchaku are the ones that had armour...particularly like the Kabuto line when it had the Blast armour right? and had human faces underneath the masks?
if so, they're shorter than the Figuarts. The scale for SH was only similar from Den-O & Kiva? I think...the rest were short though...Loved them though - if you're okay with 90's style action figures and aren't spoiled by Figuarts, you'll like them too. I think I had most of Agito, Faiz, Ryuki, Den-O, Kabuto, and...think that's it.

I pulled out a Souchaku Henshin "The First" GE-08 (With green armor), and compared it to a Figuarts Bujin Gaim - it's nearly a head shorter.

I received the Rising Set today.
Hah, they are only a little shorter, not too bad honestly.
The biggest flaw is Kuuga's Wrist Bands. You'd think they would be rubber and wrap around, but they leave a nasty black gap.

I'm pretty sure Metal Heroes got a few.
Not Sentai, I don't believe.

The hands on Kuuga look like he's having a seizure instead of fighting 0.0