http://www.darkmirage.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/05_haruhi_newtype.jpg

All Haruhiists rejoice! Our great Banchou-sama returns! Those who've read the novels should recognise the picture above. Anyway, do a search on Google, since many websites are already talking about it.

AnimeSuki's thread on it:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=50432

And for those of you who have seen the anime but want to read the novels too:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index.php?title=Suzumiya_Haruhi

I remember when I first found out about Haruhi. There was all this hype among anime fans about the show and the novels, so I downloaded all the eps to check them out, but ended up procrastinating for months. But when I finally sat down to watch them a fortnight ago, I fell in love with the series, especially Nagato Yuki's coolness, adult Mikuru's charming sexiness and Kyon's witty remarks. I ended up searching for the novels, and found Baka-Tsuki. Anyway, a link to the official trailer is in the AnimeSuki thread, it's about a chapter in book 3 called Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, and I highly recommend you read it before watching or you won't get a thing. Then again, the trailer can get pretty boring, so watching it is your choice. Strangely, the trailer's live action, but it's pretty unique, especially considering they released it yesterday during Tanabata. Tanabata is when Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody happened, so fans should see the ingenuity of the advertisers of the 2nd season and the significance.

Mad Skillz
It's good to see another new season. I'm guessing this one is going to be based on the third or fourth novel, whichever that Tanabata thing took place in. And while I'm happy we're getting the second season, did they really need to push back Clannad for it?

Like a passing wind...
I remember the hype for the first season(which is still around). I've never read the manga before. Just gonna patiently(well, not really)wait for this one.

Awesome! I still need to finish up the 1st season though (3 eps left)

It was inevitable. Merely a matter of time. Glad to see it announced sooner rather than later, though.

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
And so, the announcement is made.

About damn time. I honestly would like to know who Sneering Bastard really is.

And so, the announcement is made.

About damn time. I honestly would like to know who Sneering Bastard really is.

Doubt they'd reveal that, since the author himself hasn't revealed anything, other than the fact that he's an idiot belonging to another group of time travellers from the same time period as our dear lovely cosplay maid Mikuru-chan.

Based on the trailer, the second season will cover book 3 and 4, which I'm looking forward alot to, because book 4 was immensely intriguing, especially with its whole "predetermined events" business at work. Time travel should be like that. The Kabuto writers should have taken a leaf from the Haruhi author.