Lurker
Oh Great am surrounded by Sony,Mic and Nintendo Fanboys, can we all just get alone.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Nintendo has had a fair share of quality third-party titles, especially on the DS. Here's some good exmaples of quality third-party hardcore games on the DS:

-Contra 4 (Funny because there are NO Contra games on the PSP, and that's one of the best run-and-gun games of all time. Plus Contra 5 is coming out for the 3DS soon.)
-Metal Slug 7
-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin/Order of Ecclesia
-Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure
-Arkanoid DS
-Chrono Trigger
-Phoenix Wright series
-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
-Mega Man ZX/ZX Advent
-Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Yes I know it's also on the PSP, but the DS version came first and it plays better than the PSP port)
-Tokyo Beat Down

There's more where that came from, but those are some of the best examples of third-party hardcore DS games.

Just from my collection:

-The World Ends With You
-Rondo of Sword
-Final Fantasy Tactics A2
-Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes
-Super Robot Taisen OG SAGA Endless Frontier
-Bleach: The Blade of Fate
-Monster Tale
-Phantasy Star 0
-Nostalgia

and I believe the Professor Layton games are technically third party though edited by Nintendo outside of Japan? Same with Hotel Dusk.

There's also

-Etrian Odyssey series
-Final Fantasy: Four Heroes of Light
-Dragon Quest series
-Ghost Trick
-999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
-Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure
-Puzzle Quest series
-Bangai-o Spirits
-Trauma series
(-Shantae: Risky's Revenge)

And probably more from genres that don't interest me.

Sure there is TON of shovelware to wade through, but that's because the DS got such large market penetration, everyone wants to hitch their caboose to that gravy train. For my money no other console offers the same sheer variety of triple A (and some honorable B+ ) titles than the DS. Its like a PS2 with the grade A first party Nintendo titles thrown on top.

To say its just for little kids is being utterly blind.

I won't begrudge the popularity of other consoles, but I am, and will remain for the forseable future, a Nintendo Handheld fanboy and I find the idea that I'm not a self-respecting adult silly.

I've been playing Nintendo handhelds since the original Gameboy in 1990. I'm not stopping anytime soon and that guy can say whatever he wants and look foolish while me and my portable keep on trucking.

There's a reason for that 'IT PRINTS MONEY!' meme to exist.

Lurker
Oh, great, I am surrounded by Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo Fanboys, can we all just get along?

Not until Sony & their mindless fanboys (such as Papercut & arnoldmcguire335) stop trash talking Nintendo & Microsoft, their products, & their fans, & to quit acting like Sony & the PS brand are invincible & are above everyone else.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
Sure there is TON of shovelware to wade through, but that's because the DS got such large market penetration, everyone wants to hitch their caboose to that gravy train.

Ya know, that's another thing I forgot to point out. Every system that sells very well is bound to have shovelware. Atari 2600 had them, NES had them (Remember LJN?), SNES had them, PlayStation had them, PS2 had them, Game Boy and Game Boy Advance had them, and now the Wii and DS have them too. And I think the Xbox 360 has some shovelware as well.

If the 3DS is getting a good amount of shovelware, that's a sign that the system is selling very well.

PSP doesn't have that much shovelware compared to the DS, but to make up for that, they have a ton of watered-down console ports. :anime:

Oh Great am surrounded by Sony,Mic and Nintendo Fanboys, can we all just get alone.

Well I can definitely say that I'm not one-sided and look at all sides, so that means I'm not a fanboy.

Sorry but I'll go with Tretton on this one, and I'll 100% agree with him, esp. that Nintendo already made me blind to the Wii and DS on titles alone (Disney Channel titles on DS, Disney Channel All Star House Party & the soon to be released Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross on Wii (unless they do a PS3 port) and 2 iCarly Games on both of Ninty's platforms) because THEY STOLE THE KIDS AWAY (TM).

Do you even know what you're talking about? Nintendo has always had kids games on their systems (along with the teen and mature titles just to debunk the idiots who think Nintendo is "kiddy" and just that) (look at their mascot for fucks sake), ESPECIALLY when it comes to Disney titles. Have you played any of the Disney/Capcom games on the NES like DuckTales, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck? Apparently not.

Last edited:
CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I don't know how you guys can understand Arnold's post. I have NO IDEA what the heck he's talking about o.o

Banned
I don't know how you guys can understand Arnold's post. I have NO IDEA what the heck he's talking about o.o

I can translate:

"I a a sony fanboy I hate everything else because I love disney so much and no one has disney but sony but others do have sony so I am just a fanboy that says wacky stuff"
:anime:

What Jack said was obviously company bias, so of course he's gonna put down the Game Boy and DS like that in favor of Sony's NGP.

If the 3DS makes a "large" part of the population feel "dizzy", then it would get a lot of negative reviews by now and it wouldn't sell as much as it is doing right now. If you look at sites like GameFAQs and other places that have regular gamers (not professional critics) review the 3DS, you'll see that it gets mostly positive reviews. Let me tell you something right now. I've played Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition on the 3DS at GameStop for about half an hour with 3D on. I have experienced no eye strain, no dizziness, no headaches, nothing critical for my health. And I've seen other people play. They haven't complained either. You're just hearing stories on the internet. Seriously, go play the 3DS with 3D on. You'll see what I mean.

:laugh: I'm sorry, but what? Aside from the N64 (and to a lesser extent the GameCube because it has mostly multiplatform third-party games), Nintendo has had a fair share of quality third-party titles, especially on the DS. Here's some good exmaples of quality third-party hardcore games on the DS:

-Contra 4 (Funny because there are NO Contra games on the PSP, and that's one of the best run-and-gun games of all time. Plus Contra 5 is coming out for the 3DS soon.)
-Metal Slug 7
-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin/Order of Ecclesia
-Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure
-Arkanoid DS
-Chrono Trigger
-Phoenix Wright series
-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
-Mega Man ZX/ZX Advent
-Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Yes I know it's also on the PSP, but the DS version came first and it plays better than the PSP port)
-Tokyo Beat Down

There's more where that came from, but those are some of the best examples of third-party hardcore DS games. There's also a lot of Final Fantasy games, but I'm not much of a Final Fantasy fan.

The DS does have shovelware, but it's not the only thing that comes out of third-party developers.

And with the popularity and sales of the 3DS, I'm sure it will follow the DS' footsteps in about a year or so.

I've played a 3DS. It doesn't hurt my eyes but it hurt my girlfriends eyes and the guy who owned it's eyes. Stories on the internet my ass.

Also yeah i didn't say there aren't good games. I'm saying there are like 30-40 good games in a sea of mediocrity. I'm not even defending what Jack Tretton said. I own Nintendo systems. I just think there's more **** on Nintendo's systems.

Banned
I've played a 3DS. It doesn't hurt my eyes but it hurt my girlfriends eyes and the guy who owned it's eyes. Stories on the internet my ass.

Also yeah i didn't say there aren't good games. I'm saying there are like 30-40 good games in a sea of mediocrity. I'm not even defending what Jack Tretton said. I own Nintendo systems. I just think there's more **** on Nintendo's systems.

The thing about eyes hurting I don't believe, but whatever.

You do know that "good" is subjective?

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
Ya know, that's another thing I forgot to point out. Every system that sells very well is bound to have shovelware. Atari 2600 had them, NES had them (Remember LJN?), SNES had them, PlayStation had them, PS2 had them, Game Boy and Game Boy Advance had them, and now the Wii and DS have them too. And I think the Xbox 360 has some shovelware as well.

If the 3DS is getting a good amount of shovelware, that's a sign that the system is selling very well.

PSP doesn't have that much shovelware compared to the DS, but to make up for that, they have a ton of watered-down console ports. :anime:

Well I can definitely say that I'm not one-sided and look at all sides, so that means I'm not a fanboy.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Nintendo has always had kids games on their systems (along with the teen and mature titles just to debunk the idiots who think Nintendo is "kiddy" and just that) (look at their mascot for fucks sake), ESPECIALLY when it comes to Disney titles. Have you played any of the Disney/Capcom games on the NES like DuckTales, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck? Apparently not.

The Capcom/Disney games ruled,no doubt about it...well,unless you`re talking to the reviewer(s?)from flyingomelette.com,who declared them to be nothing more than average.But then again,that same site gave River City Ransom a mediocre review,so their credibility is rather iffy,plus they come off as rather arrogant in their reviews.

But that`s a topic for a different thread.

Back on-topic here..I own both a PSP and a DS,and I love them both equally.I also own a PS2 and the original PlayStation.
I went with the Wii this generation.Why?It was less expensive than the PS3 or 360.I`m happy with that decision,but that isn`t to say I wouldn`t get one of the other two at some point,because I would,and may eventually do so.

I don`t consider a particular system to be aimed exclusively at certain age groups.All three consoles have something for everybody.You want a game that your kids can play?You`ll find it.Want a family game?Got those too.Want a game meant for adults?You`re taken care of in that department.Heck,one of the most violent(and enjoyable in a sick way)games of the past two years came out on the Wii...Madworld,and to my knowledge a Sesame Street game is coming for the PS3 and/or 360.

There`s good and bad on every system.It`s been that way since the beginning,and will remain that way forever

Last edited: