The ps3 at launch was 600 bucks. I think that's what he is referring to.

The xbox can play DVD's, are you suggesting that if people don't play dvd's on it they are some how wrong? I mean that's what you are saying when you make those comments about the 3ds. Nintendo themselves has made it a point to let people know the 3d is optional. You really should think about those kinds of things before you do that "herp" crap. I really want to kill the idiot that came up with that meme.

The rest of what you said is pure opinion so what ever makes you happy :thumbs:

But the fact you call some one else a fanboy, and then say

If you are going to call some one a fanboy, don't follow it up saying how there are MORE BETTER GAMES on your choice of system. It just makes you look bad. By the way, you say there are great FIRST party games on the PS3. Please tell me a FIRST PARTY game made directly by sony that is on the PS3?

I can't comment on the NGP. I, like everyone else, know very little about it.

The whole draw of the 3DS is the 3D. That's the point of it. They're designing whole games around it. It's in the name. Microsoft didn't call their new console the Microsoft DVDBox.

Uncharted. Naughty Dog are owned by Sony.
LittleBigPlanet. Media Molecule is also one of the Sony Studios.
Also, Wipeout. (you get the picture.)

EDIT: Launch prices don't apply. Current price should be the one being discussed.

Continuing the Creddie legacy
Sorry but I'll go with Tretton on this one, and I'll 100% agree with him, esp. that Nintendo already made me blind to the Wii and DS on titles alone (Disney Channel titles on DS, Disney Channel All Star House Party & the soon to be released Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross on Wii (unless they do a PS3 port) and 2 iCarly Games on both of Ninty's platforms) because THEY STOLE THE KIDS AWAY (TM). the systems are no problem with me, ITS THE TITLES THAT DOES.

Same with Xbox 360, but for the reasons Disney supports it by half with their shows in the Marketplace and some stuff available to Live users, and is the other console aside from the Wii and DS to be seen in most Disney Channel shows (even Kinect is considered a "proud sponsor of Disney Channel" while the Move gets NOTHING!!!)

in short- SCREW YOU WII, DS AND 360! (aka the trinity of the ones I want to crush with a Goldion Crusher)

Last edited:
Sorry but I'll go with Tretton on this one, and I'll 100$ agree with him, esp. that Nintendo already made me blind to the Wii and DS on titles alone (Disney Channel titles on DS, Disney Channel All Star House Party & the soon to be released Super Sentai game on Wii (unless they do a PS3 port) and 2 iCarly Games on both of Ninty's platforms) because THEY STOLE THE KIDS AWAY (TM).

Same with Xbox 360, but for the reasons Disney supports it by half with their shows in the Marketplace and some stuff available to Live users.

in in short- SCREW YOU WII, DS AND 360! (aka the trinity of the ones I want to crush with a Goldion Crusher)

..are you just listing shovelware there?

Continuing the Creddie legacy
..are you just listing shovelware there?

more than that (see:xbox)

and yeah, Ninty or the others can bribe me a free Red Wii, but never the games that will never have a FRICKIN' CHANCE TO COME TO THE PS3/PSP.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...do-Handhelds-Arent-for-Self-Respecting-Adults

The first thing he does is bash the wii and 360, but then he lets out this priceless little gem of wisdom:

""Our view of the 'Game Boy experience' is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those," Tretton said. "He's too old for that."

Is this guy serious? Talk about delusional.

WHAT WHY THAT NO GOOD FOR NOTHING........ UGH GOD *Grabs pitchfork* >8( :sparta!: i'll show that guy whos a no self respecting 20 year old

Banned
The whole draw of the 3DS is the 3D. That's the point of it. They're designing whole games around it. It's in the name. Microsoft didn't call their new console the Microsoft DVDBox.

Uncharted. Naughty Dog are owned by Sony.
LittleBigPlanet. Media Molecule is also one of the Sony Studios.
Also, Wipeout. (you get the picture.)

EDIT: Launch prices don't apply. Current price should be the one being discussed.

Naughty dog, media molecule are 2nd party companies if I remember correctly. And nice way to ignore the point of what I said about the 3ds. The PS3 isn't called the PS3BLurayplayer, but they advertise that you can watch blueray on it. Listen dude, if you want to be a fanboy that's great, but at least don't do it in such an obvious way.

Sorry but I'll go with Tretton on this one, and I'll 100% agree with him, esp. that Nintendo already made me blind to the Wii and DS on titles alone (Disney Channel titles on DS, Disney Channel All Star House Party & the soon to be released Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross on Wii (unless they do a PS3 port) and 2 iCarly Games on both of Ninty's platforms) because THEY STOLE THE KIDS AWAY (TM). the systems are no problem with me, ITS THE TITLES THAT DOES.

Same with Xbox 360, but for the reasons Disney supports it by half with their shows in the Marketplace and some stuff available to Live users, and is the other console aside from the Wii and DS to be seen in most Disney Channel shows (even Kinect is considered a "proud sponsor of Disney Channel" while the Move gets NOTHING!!!)

in short- SCREW YOU WII, DS AND 360! (aka the trinity of the ones I want to crush with a Goldion Crusher)

You are known sony fanboy. No offense, but anything you say about anything gaming related I just disregard out of hand as fanboyish nonsense. The last comment you made there proves just how wacky a fanboy you really are.

Both of you guys come of ass rabid sony fanboys. If you can't honestly see what Tretton said as wrong, then there is no point discussing gaming with either of you.

When ever any company head bashes another company I just roll my eyes. Instead of pushing their own products by their own merits, they bash other companies. That is just horse ****. What's worse are guys, like some here, that buy into this crap type of business.

I don't usually see this type of bashing from the heads of nintendo and xbox, but they have said things in the past. Hell nintendo heads have complimented sony in the past.

Last edited:
Naughty dog, media molecule are 2nd party companies if I remember correctly. And nice way to ignore the point of what I said about the 3ds. The PS3 isn't called the PS3BLurayplayer, but they advertise that you can watch blueray on it. Listen dude, if you want to be a fanboy that's great, but at least don't do it in such an obvious way.

I'm not a fanboy, I own and use both Nintendo consoles. I'm just saying that other than first party games the Nintendo consoles have had a continuous stream of poor third-party games since the Gamecube.

Naughty Dog and Media Molecule are both first party.

I didn't ignore what you said about the 3DS, sure you can turn it off but it's the whole point of the system. Blu-Ray drives might be a part of the Playstation but they're hardly the main selling point. The games are. The games on the 3DS are supposed to be using the 3D functionality, that's why the system is named after it.

Banned
I'm not a fanboy, I own and use both Nintendo consoles. I'm just saying that other than first party games the Nintendo consoles have had a continuous stream of poor third-party games since the Gamecube.

Naughty Dog and Media Molecule are both first party.

I didn't ignore what you said about the 3DS, sure you can turn it off but it's the whole point of the system. Blu-Ray drives might be a part of the Playstation but they're hardly the main selling point. The games are. The games on the 3DS are supposed to be using the 3D functionality, that's why the system is named after it.

The bluray is one of the PRIMARY selling points of the PS3. Try reading some adds about it. Sony makes it a KEY thing to tell people how good BD is for gaming and movies on the PS3.

Actually back this time
The games on the 3DS are supposed to be using the 3D functionality, that's why the system is named after it.

Actually Nintendo has said that it's not a requirement for the games to have 3D functionality. Much like some DS games didn't use the touch screen at all. Heck, some early DS titles did very little (or nothing at all) with a second screen and the system turned out alright.

Of course it's too early to say much about the 3DS, seeing as how it's been out for what, less than a month worldwide? The launch titles kinda suck, mostly, but after a while more games will be out and if we're lucky it'll have a stellar library like the DS did.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
What Jack said was obviously company bias, so of course he's gonna put down the Game Boy and DS like that in favor of Sony's NGP.

The 3DS won't be the PS2 of handhelds, it makes a large part of the population feel DIZZY.

If the 3DS makes a "large" part of the population feel "dizzy", then it would get a lot of negative reviews by now and it wouldn't sell as much as it is doing right now. If you look at sites like GameFAQs and other places that have regular gamers (not professional critics) review the 3DS, you'll see that it gets mostly positive reviews. Let me tell you something right now. I've played Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition on the 3DS at GameStop for about half an hour with 3D on. I have experienced no eye strain, no dizziness, no headaches, nothing critical for my health. And I've seen other people play. They haven't complained either. You're just hearing stories on the internet. Seriously, go play the 3DS with 3D on. You'll see what I mean.

Aside from that it's already got all the same shovelware crap the DS did. It happens with Nintendo consoles every time. That 'Nintendo Seal of Quality' only means something on Nintendo's games.

:laugh: I'm sorry, but what? Aside from the N64 (and to a lesser extent the GameCube because it has mostly multiplatform third-party games), Nintendo has had a fair share of quality third-party titles, especially on the DS. Here's some good exmaples of quality third-party hardcore games on the DS:

-Contra 4 (Funny because there are NO Contra games on the PSP, and that's one of the best run-and-gun games of all time. Plus Contra 5 is coming out for the 3DS soon.)
-Metal Slug 7
-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin/Order of Ecclesia
-Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure
-Arkanoid DS
-Chrono Trigger
-Phoenix Wright series
-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
-Mega Man ZX/ZX Advent
-Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Yes I know it's also on the PSP, but the DS version came first and it plays better than the PSP port)
-Tokyo Beat Down

There's more where that came from, but those are some of the best examples of third-party hardcore DS games. There's also a lot of Final Fantasy games, but I'm not much of a Final Fantasy fan.

The DS does have shovelware, but it's not the only thing that comes out of third-party developers.

And with the popularity and sales of the 3DS, I'm sure it will follow the DS' footsteps in about a year or so.