Banned
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...do-Handhelds-Arent-for-Self-Respecting-Adults

The first thing he does is bash the wii and 360, but then he lets out this priceless little gem of wisdom:

""Our view of the 'Game Boy experience' is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those," Tretton said. "He's too old for that."

Is this guy serious? Talk about delusional.

Actually back this time
I'm sure this will help Sony... no one over the age of 8 plays Pokemon, right? Oh yeah, everyone I know does. >_>

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...do-Handhelds-Arent-for-Self-Respecting-Adults

The first thing he does is bash the wii and 360, but then he lets out this priceless little gem of wisdom:

""Our view of the 'Game Boy experience' is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those," Tretton said. "He's too old for that."

Is this guy serious? Talk about delusional.

What a fucktard. If they were only for children , explain the widespread appeal of Nintendo characters like Pokemon and Mario over Sony's. I can't even name a sinlge character or franchise exclusively owned by Sony that's remotely had widespread appeal among all age groups as Nintendo. Sure, Nintendo consoles need some more "hardcore title " franchises, but overall they are doing fantastic. Only thing Sony has over Nintendo is graphics but seriously, I can get a PS2 and a Wii for the same price as a PS3 and both are helluva better titles-wise than that. Could even stretch that with a 360 but still the point remains. Besides of what is a couple games, it's a bunch of over-expensive crapware.

Simply, there are no franchises Sony can readily exploit anymore, its not even funny. They had the chance to exploit Digimon , FF and GTA to its fullest extent as their flagship titles, but those have more or less moved completely or to alternate systems which says alot on Sony's so-called "Greatness".

I don't see many people with PSPs do I ? And if they have them , likely story is that they are playing either Gameboy or other Nintendo games because of the LACK of good titles that would appeal to children or play older titles from the PSX which is what the PSP virtually was to the 64's DS.

With the 3DS on the rise as the PS2 of handheld gaming , Sony is fucked. How will they be able to compete with a 3D HQ Graphics platform that will have multiple favorite titles in almost /full quality from their console versions whilst PSP2 will be dead in the water.

The reason why I'm saying this is since I played the 3DS and demoed it at a Target near me and it makes me realize how screwed Sony really is.
This is not Sony being delusional less than them being in outright denial.

I'm sure this will help Sony... no one over the age of 8 plays Pokemon, right? Oh yeah, everyone I know does. >_>

They're just jealous they did not pimp Digimon out like they should have. If they'd had been behind Bandai much like Nintendo was with Gamefreak concerning the Digimon franchise.

Last edited:
Banned
With the 3DS on the rise as the PS2 of handheld gaming , Sony is fucked. How will they be able to compete with a 3D HQ Graphics platform that will have multiple favorite titles in almost /full quality from their console versions whilst PSP2 will be dead in the water.

In all fairness to the PSP, it sells HUGE in Japan.

Banned
It does? I thought the DS pwned it out straight there... Hmmm. :sweat:

On and off. The PSP sells huge in Japan. But it depends on what game is released on it. Either way, That guy saying what he did is damn ignorant.

On and off. The PSP sells huge in Japan. But it depends on what game is released on it. Either way, That guy saying what he did is damn ignorant.

Yep it is. As I've stated, Sony should've negotiated an exclusivity deal with Bandai for RPG games based on the Digimon franchise on par with Digimon World 3 ,except more refined. They couldn't even keep Kingdom Hearts on a Sony System if they could help it.

Nintendo should step up and revamp the graphics for the Wii 2 so it can handle the FF games and Assasin's Creed with no delay so they can really get into them . That , and bring KH3 onto the Wii 2. It would be a nail in the coffin so to speak in their dealing with the average consumer.

Actually back this time

Yeah I think Monster Hunter has given its most recent push. But yeah, it either sells very little or does pretty damn good over there.

I hate how the guy called it a 'gameboy' we haven't had a gameboy in what, 6 years now?

Banned
Yeah I think Monster Hunter has given its most recent push. But yeah, it either sells very little or does pretty damn good over there.

I hate how the guy called it a 'gameboy' we haven't had a gameboy in what, 6 years now?

Yeah. He also insulted the people over 20 that use a DS.

Yeah. He also insulted the people over 20 that use a DS.

He's probably mad since only real and beautfiul people can go near the DS without a 10 foot pole in-between them while those like him hide in their little corners spouting nonsense like loons and sulking. All because he can't sleep at night with deals with stars and whatnot . LOL!:)