Sony Spins Spider-Man Spinoff Silk Show

Staff member
Sony has repeatedly yelled about its plans to give every outlying Spider-Man character their own movie, whether it makes sense or not. So it’s a bit of a surprise that this week, they revealed they’re giving one of those characters their own TV series instead.
Silk is the creation of Dan Slott, who had the uneviable position of taking control of the Spider-Man comic book right after Quesada destroyed it with “One More Day.” Opnions differ on whether he managed to salvage Spidey, but he did get the opportunity to invent a character that has remained in continuity. Turns out on the day Peter Parker was bit by a radioactive spider, someone ELSE was also bitten, but put into suspended animation until years later.
Cindy Moon (aka Silk) has all Parker’s powers and is essentially Spider-Man again, but Korean. Should this series see production, it will premiere on Amazon Prime Video and MGM Plus (formerly Epix).
Why those places and not Disney+? Because, in case you forgot, Marvel sold the...

Continue reading...

Prepare for the Comicgaters on Youtube try to have a livelihood by making hate rants about it and say its woke. Those basement dwellers are going to have a field day and they will rank this low in IMDB before it even airs.

Suddenly I remember Marvel doesn't fully own Spiderman, So Silk won't be on Disney Plus. She will be in Amazon Prime instead. if they will make the Writers of the Boys make this Silk Series, They might actually manage to make this character likable. Amazon Prime writers are better than Disney Plus writers.

She took the kids Ryu
She is a nice spider-based superhero, and she works well with other spider-based heroes. Cindy Moon/Silk is a good character, to be honest. I've never been too excited about her or anything, but she's a good character all around. I like her better than Spiderwoman and Spidergwen when it comes to Spider-Man characters with a female lead. I have a bunch of comics with this character because I love her so much. I just really hope this doesn't turn out to be a disaster.

Looks can be deceiving
After the flop that is Morbious, Sony is taking another risk with an unknown character, If they want a female spiderman, They could have gone with Spidergwen, Spiderwoman or Spidergirl. Silk is very obscure,

Do not mess with the Power
She sounded like a character Ryan Rinel, Yellowflash and Quartering will hate

Trust me
Since Marvel needs to focus on their own movie projects again, this move by Sony is smart and will also help Marvel. I find it hard to believe that Sony would sign a contract that would stop them from using these female Spider-men in the future, like Marvel did with the Netflix Defenders. At least some of the live-action versions of the female Spider-people will do well if they make more than one. Even if some of them fail, they can always get a second chance in a future Spider-Man crossover movie or TV show.

I hate WOKE trash
I would rather see The Amazing Spider-Man 3 than Spider-Man: No Way Home because I think Andrew Garfield should get a third film as Peter Parker and he was the best part of the last film. This "woke chick" character, who was made to show that they are inclusive, doesn't interest me at all. This sounds like a bad choice on Sony's part. Instead, they should have made an animated show about the spider-verse.

Silk is a great character, and the fact that Phil Lord and Chris Miller are involved makes it more likely that the project will do well. I've just finished reading all of the character's solo stories, and I love her. I love how she has more to her than just being "the girl who made out with Peter Parker," which is what Dan Slott made her seem like in his story. I like that she is more than "just the girl who made out with Peter Parker." I like that she is the person she is because of her time in the bunker, and that that time doesn't just go away when she leaves the bunker. No, she has to work through all of it, and we explain how and why it affects her, like why she interacts with people the way she does and why she feels disconnected. In addition to this, Peter's concern for her when he realizes what she is doing is strange shows how much he cares.