Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022)

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022)

Tagline: Welcome to the next level.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Comedy, Family

Director: Jeff Fowler

Cast: Ben Schwartz, Idris Elba, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Jim Carrey, James Marsden, Tika Sumpter, Natasha Rothwell, Shemar Moore, Adam Pally, Lee Majdoub, Melody Nosipho Niemann, Tom Butler, Donna Jay Fulks

Release: 2022-03-30

Runtime: 122

Plot: After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is eager to prove he has what it takes to be a true hero. His test comes when Dr. Robotnik returns, this time with a new partner, Knuckles, in search for an emerald that has the power to destroy civilizations. Sonic teams up with his own sidekick, Tails, and together they embark on a globe-trotting journey to find the emerald before it falls into the wrong hands.

Administrator
Staff member
What did you think of Sonic's 2nd outing? Full speed ahead or full stop?

I was absorbing every single second of this movie because this is the last movie of Jim Carey, and I may never see him in a new film again.

Idris Elba is playing an Echidna in this movie but he still managed to make the character look sexy. I swear I am not a furry. 😹 I am Sad that It is the last movie that that stars Jim Carey, I hope he makes one more where he is the lead.

It's almost amusing that the first film appeared doomed from the start. Still, now we have this, which seems to be one of the best video game film adaptations ever! I didn't anticipate Robotnik to be portrayed as highly insane. Still, I enjoy it and appreciate Jim Carey for giving the best performance of his life.

My friend gave me their Netflix Password
This sequel will undoubtedly be watched by me! The first movie was both an emotional and thrilling emotional rollercoaster journey. This one seems to be ready to take things to the next level.
This is precisely how a game should be adapted! I'd want to express my gratitude to everyone involved in this project. Many contemporary filmmakers wear their hearts on their sleeves. They feel fans are out to get them if they disagree with their artistic choices. Legitimate criticism is quickly dismissed and branded as "fan entitlement." Acknowledging and improving on what doesn't work requires an outstanding level of maturity and faith. That's precisely what this film crew accomplished, and for that reason, I'll continue to back this new saga.

K

KELLY

I adore all of the subtle references in this film; it's clear that the filmmakers put in a lot of effort to honor the lore and source material. Small details like the coffee shop being named "The Mean Bean" after an ancient Puyo-Puyo spinoff game or Knuckles requesting grape ice cream at the end because grapes are canonically his favorite fruit!

I thought this movie was fantastic, and I enjoyed seeing them on screen. All of the characters are expertly acted, spoken, and animated. I still believe Knuckles should have been kept out until the third film, as it would be good to watch Sonic and Tails collaborate and develop their friendship. In any case, I thought this movie was fantastic.

Goddess of the Couch potatoes
I love Tom and Sonic's relationship and how far they had been as friends since the first movie.

Emergency, Dekaranger!
Am I the only one who doesnt like human characters who are not Dr. Robotnik? The humans felt unnecessary for me?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database