Sonic Origins Is The Ultimate Shrine To The Hog’s Glory Years

No offense but I am just expressing my opinion and I have freedom of speech. Gosh, How irritating.

Staff member
Sega announced plans today to re-release the 16-bit Sonic games. This by itself is nothing new — with the exception of Sonic 3, the games have never really been off the market, reappearing on just about every device capable of playing a game from practically the moment that device exists. Heck, there was a Sonic compilation on the Game.com.
THIS time, if they want us to pay attention, they’re gonna have to make it special. Thus we have Sonic Origins: not a mere ROM dump but a fully rejiggered, thoroughly polished remix of Sonic’s genesis (pun intended). Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles and CD are all present with various options like widescreen support, animated cutscenes, and the new “Anniversary Mode” where you can play short bursts of levels with specific goals, like “squash 5 Caterkillers before reaching the exit.”
For the first time in a while, Sonic 3 will be part of the mix — it’s been withheld from other compilations recently, due to mysterious rights issues that most attribute to...

Continue reading...